My Jeep Compass Forum banner

No Manual in 2018 Latitude?

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Topweasel 
#1 ·
Jeep.com says you cannot put a 6spd manual in a Latitude for 2018. WTF?

#3 ·
:mad: I suppose it's only going to be available in Sport Trim???

Reactions: Mudman1
#5 · (Edited)
hmm - I was just checking and the website allowed me to configure a 2018 Latitude 4x4 with a manual transmission... Though, as I found out when trying to configure the one I wanted to order, there are certain options you cannot have with a stick - like the 8.4 Uconnect Nav for instance.

(not-so) patiently waiting for my Green Latitude ...

Update: Just got word from my salesman that my Jeep has been built and is in transit! It's a 2018 Latitude with a 6-speed manual, green with a black roof, ski gray interior, with a moonroof, and beats! Very excited!

#9 ·
JL Wranger Rubicon :)

#12 ·
Does anyone honestly know why the 8.4NAV can't be added? From the research I've done it seems I would need to purchase the new bezel to fit the screen of course. I even asked a few dealers if I could just purchase the screen and have them flash the ECU to add the new infotainment and they all told me it couldn't be done. I'm sure that's the safe answer to give. But I don't believe it. I also reached out to infotainment.com to see if they knew otherwise. They said they haven't worked on the fiat based vehicles yet, but they will consider it. If there was a low risk way of testing it, I'd do it myself.

#13 ·
Most cars aren't actually made to order. Car manufacturers generally are creating enough cars with enough different configurations that when someone submits a special order they find an upcoming build that matches those requirements and mark that as your order. To control how many permutations they have to work with they control they limit configurations. Some of these are through limiting certain options to certain trim levels (like maybe not letting a sport get leather seats). Some of them are locked out by other pieces. Specially if there are any stock concerns with parts. So for example people getting a stick are less than 10% of the market. Probably an even split on people looking for a stripper and people looking for creature comforts. To prevent these from sitting on the lots, they probably decided that there wasn't enough people wanting a stick with the 8.4 that the last thing they wanted to do was add it to the production line. Again there isn't a real limitation, they just don't actually build cars to order, to make one for you it might mean making a thousand of them. Which many will sit in lots waiting for a 30% end of year sale before being sold, specially once you let color into the mix because that becomes a huge sale barrier, more so than just about any other option other than auto vs. stick.

#14 ·
That all makes sense. And I understand that aspect of it. My question is more of a technical limitation, if I purchase the 8.4 screen, or get one from a wrecker yard and put it in. Will it just work? Will it require a flashing to sync up the VIN numbers? Would a dealer be allowed/able to do the flash? Etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.