Hood Scoop - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By IRSmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 12-05-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hood Scoop

Since I put a bug deflector on this week I was thinking of adding a matching hood scoop. So this morning I went to Auto Zone and got one. Mind you it's not a functional scoop just a cosmetic decoration that looks real. It is pretty well made and should hold up well. It attaches with the hallowed 3-M tape. I did a little custom work on it by putting the Jeep logo on the scoop grille. I used the little plastic chrome letters that are sold in most auto stores and epoxied them to the aluminum mesh grille. It turned out pretty good as the bug deflector now covers the factory hood logo. I left the scoop black as most of the trim on my silver Compass is black. It looks OK to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-05-2011, 08:13 PM

Garage
i will send you $100 USD to remove that hood scoop, the deer warnings (which are installed incorrectly), the plastic walmart fender flares, and anything else less than $20 you've installed, and put them in a furnace. i am sorry to be blunt, but the only people that think that they look good are the people that install them, and by everyone else they're considered cheap and tacky mods that 16 year olds put on mommy's old accord. it's screeming rice rice baby. sorry if this wasn't the reaction you were looking for, but i'm saying what everyone else is thinking.
Amoreno718 and gstrom99 like this.
post #3 of 13 Old 12-05-2011, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, that's too bad! This is what "I" want and what "I" think is chic. Everyone has an opinion and I really don't respect yours! I am dying of bone cancer so nothing you can say will make a difference to me anyway! Those of you who don't like my little mods can just go on to another thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeye View Post
Well, that's too bad! This is what "I" want and what "I" think is chic. Everyone has an opinion and I really don't respect yours! I am dying of bone cancer so nothing you can say will make a difference to me anyway! Those of you who don't like my little mods can just go on to another thread.
you are entitled to your opinion just as i am to mine, but to be fair, you asked what we thought. i just told you. don't ask the question if you don't like the answer
post #5 of 13 Old 12-05-2011, 10:13 PM

IRSmart, you can't rip apart someone elsest idea's about what the want to do to THEIR vehicles. If you don't like it you don't have to look at it. SHE paid for the vehicle, so SHE can do what SHE wants to it, so SHUT UP!

2010 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4, Natural Green Pearl
Winner of COTM November 2011
Winner of COTM March 2012
post #6 of 13 Old 12-05-2011, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sorry Jeepguy, but I am a HE. and thanks for defending me but when you look at the big picture the Jeep Compass is really a cheap car and given it's inherent ugly stance, it lends itself to modding out of buyer frustration. So I just made it a little uglier! I am Italian and we WOPS like color and flashy things! Besides I live in a community where half the residents are Hispanic and they like hood scoops! Conyo Papito!
post #7 of 13 Old 12-05-2011, 11:28 PM

Sorry about the he/she thingy skyeye. The Compass isn't a cheap, or ugly vehicle at all, to me it looks the same as any other vehicle in it's sales segment as far as materials used. Mechanically they have made many advancements to smooth out the wrinkles. I love my compass with a passion.

2010 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4, Natural Green Pearl
Winner of COTM November 2011
Winner of COTM March 2012
post #8 of 13 Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy2010 View Post
IRSmart, you can't rip apart someone elsest idea's about what the want to do to THEIR vehicles. If you don't like it you don't have to look at it. SHE paid for the vehicle, so SHE can do what SHE wants to it, so SHUT UP!
he is free to do as he wishes, and i formally apologize if my post offended anyone, but he was here looking for opinions. he got one. if it makes him happy, by all means continue to stick on every piece of plastic that autozone offers. but that isn't for me.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-09-2011, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
i will send you $100 USD to remove that hood scoop, the deer warnings (which are installed incorrectly), the plastic walmart fender flares, and anything else less than $20 you've installed, and put them in a furnace. i am sorry to be blunt, but the only people that think that they look good are the people that install them, and by everyone else they're considered cheap and tacky mods that 16 year olds put on mommy's old accord. it's screeming rice rice baby. sorry if this wasn't the reaction you were looking for, but i'm saying what everyone else is thinking.
I'm going to put your 16 year old comment to shame soon

I think it looks fine! The whole point of mods is so you can make your car less of the usual and more into what you like, so if you like it, keep it!
post #10 of 13 Old 12-09-2011, 01:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
I'm going to put your 16 year old comment to shame soon

I think it looks fine! The whole point of mods is so you can make your car less of the usual and more into what you like, so if you like it, keep it!
it's definitely less of the usual, i'll give you that...
post #11 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 03:43 PM

Garage
Personally, I'm totally cool with MODs. In fact, I'll go as far as to agree with the "less of the usual" comment as we in society now are always striving to be unique. Age and sex need not apply. That being said, I also don't recall forum posts on their own, being a request for opinions. Just wanted to point out that "Skyeye" never requested opinions, simply stated his own.

Now to be a hypocrite...I think too many mods look busy. Like too many pieces on a fireplace mantle. Yours looks cluttered, but if you like it, that's cool too. I'm just a simple guy, so I like mine plain Jane.
post #12 of 13 Old 12-11-2011, 04:55 AM

Garage
C'mon people, let's help the economy by buying stuff. Your money won't do you good hiding in the mattress. If its accessories you want to buy that's good. Buy buy buy. Don't stop. Don't use a credit card though. He he !!!

Next thing I'm buying for my Jeep is strut bar. I already got new wheels/tires, new speakers, emergency tool kit, 12 volt tire pump and 2 cases of Mobil 1 oil and filters.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-15-2016, 05:34 AM

i like the pinstripes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in