Wind noise - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 17 Old 01-04-2012, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Wind noise

I purchased a 2011 compass latitude on 11-21-11 and I am experiencing some wind noise either from the rear passenger door or the rear hatch, it's hard to tell. Is anyone else having the same issue? If anyone else had this problem what was the fix. Thanks, Dean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-04-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deang View Post
I purchased a 2011 compass latitude on 11-21-11 and I am experiencing some wind noise either from the rear passenger door or the rear hatch, it's hard to tell. Is anyone else having the same issue? If anyone else had this problem what was the fix. Thanks, Dean
Dean I got a 2011 compass and the only noise I got it's from ski rack.

Alain
post #3 of 17 Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
I am having the same problem with my 2011 North FDII, Im taking it to the dealer Monday and will provide an update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I took mine to the dealer, and they adjusted the door, pulling it tighter to the body, and they bent the upper portion of the door all to no avail. They ordered new weather stripping which goes on 02.03.12. Also,it drifts to the right, creaking and squeaking rear end noise in the cold, cd skips in the cold. I like the truck but it has had more problems than any other car I have owned, and that's more than a few. I will keep you posted on the fix for each item. It only has 1250 miles on it.
post #5 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 05:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
I took mine to the dealer, and they adjusted the door, pulling it tighter to the body, and they bent the upper portion of the door all to no avail. They ordered new weather stripping which goes on 02.03.12. Also,it drifts to the right, creaking and squeaking rear end noise in the cold, cd skips in the cold. I like the truck but it has had more problems than any other car I have owned, and that's more than a few. I will keep you posted on the fix for each item. It only has 1250 miles on it.
When i took it in last thursday the weather stripping on the door was visibly kinked, and they replaced it at no cost to me, however the issue still continues. In their defense I showed them the kink and they just replaced it, no road test, no diagnosis.

We will see what happens tomorrow....
post #6 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 04:46 AM

Garage
The wind noise has finally been repaired, the dealer replaced all the weather strippings (3 in total) and the window in question.

2011 Jeep Compass
Blackberry Pearl
\North Edition, Freedom Drive II, Offroad Package
post #7 of 17 Old 02-06-2012, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
They replaced the weather strips, seems to help a lot but I am not sure if it's fully repaired yet.The only thing left is the body shop, not sure I want to go there yet. They lubed the rear bushings, will have to see what the cold weather brings. the cd player did not act up so could not be repaired. The aligned it and rotated front tires side to side and the drift to the right is gone. I am feeling much better about it now.
post #8 of 17 Old 04-28-2012, 03:26 AM

Garage
Returned from a long trip to Niagara and noticed a lot of wind noise, sounded like windscreen not side windows, or maybe it's the sunroof?

Anyone else have this? What will the dealer do to investigate?

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 17 Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM

I just bought a 2012 Compass...has about 1200 mile or 2000 km on it...I was experienceing a whistleing noise at normal driving at about 40 k...took it to the dealer...they test drove it and heard the noise as well...took them about 3 hours but they tracked down the noise to the drivers side mirror...They did what they called a "bubble test"...this is what was explained to me..they start your vehicle and turn on your fan to let the inside of the car pressurize...after about 20 mins or so they spray a solution in and around all the seals on all the doors and windows and mirrors, from the outside....then they look for bubbles to indicate where you may have a leak......they replaced the mirror and my noise was gone....the mechanic did mention to me that they have changed a few mirrors because of wind noise...hope this helps

Last edited by boil359; 05-04-2012 at 04:31 PM.
post #10 of 17 Old 05-17-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just put weather tech side window vent shades and guess what? The wind noise went away.
Very very pleased.
Dean g
post #11 of 17 Old 05-17-2012, 08:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Just put weather tech side window vent shades and guess what? The wind noise went away.
Very very pleased.
Dean g
Good to know, I'll be ordering these soon anyway - any pictues you can share?

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #12 of 17 Old 05-17-2012, 11:57 PM

Garage
I put weathertech in channel window vents in and now I have more wind noise but I swear they are in all the way! Ahh!

2011 Jeep Compass Lat. 4x4
Sun/Sound Package
26B Package
Sat. Radio
Mopar molded mud flaps & Mopar Winter Slush Matts
Weathertech vent visors (in-channel)
post #13 of 17 Old 05-18-2012, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Tomorrow I am having black wheels installed on a mineral gray latitude. I also removed all name badging, and installed a black antenna. I will send pictures after the wheel install.
Dean g.
post #14 of 17 Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 AM

Garage
Well, after about 2 months of fighting with the dealership and Chrysler, the dealership finally just ordered the quarter window for my rear passenger door and it is finally fixed!

I was having the exact same issue, ever since we first bought our Compass. About 35mph and up, you could really start hearing the noise. I took it in several times. They tried replacing the weather strips, adjusting the door, replaced weather strips again, body shop adjusted the door. Nothing worked. Finally, I think the Service Manager was getting tired of it, especially after I kept mentioning that others were having the same problem with theirs and replacing that window fixed it.

I suppose Chrysler didn't want to admit it was a design flaw or something, because apparently they just wanted to patch the door, like with that seal or tape like a few others mentioned here, but this dealership just went ahead and replaced the window. I am glad they did because no noise!

B~~L~~A~~C~~K~~~~N~~I~~G~~H~~T~~L~~I~~N~~G
May 2011 Jeep Compass of the Month Winner!

B~~L~~A~~C~~K~~~~N~~I~~G~~H~~T~~L~~I~~N~~G
post #15 of 17 Old 05-19-2012, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
can someone tell me how to send pictures,I have some and don't know how to do it.
Dean g.
post #16 of 17 Old 05-19-2012, 02:49 AM

Garage
Select manage attachments whilst creating a post, then upload them. Or else add the link from an image upload site or your gallery and it embeds them

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

Last edited by BeDevil79; 05-19-2012 at 03:16 AM.
post #17 of 17 Old 05-19-2012, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
well, I created an album to show the modifications done so far, more to come.
Dean g.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in