Aftermarket power windows - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Aftermarket power windows

I am new to this forum and I was trying to find information on aftermarket power windows. My 2009 Jeep compass does not have power locks or power windows and I was interested in having that done. I spoke with the dealer and I was informed that for the price that they would do it for it was not even worth it and that I was better of with aftermarket parts. I also read in a Jeep Patriot forum that they couldn't figure out how to put power windows on their car due to the shape of the doors. I was going to buy the parts on EBAY and get them installed at an auto shop but I want to make sure that someone has actually done it to their compass and was successful. Hope to get some kind of feedback. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2009, 03:23 AM

Good luck with this. I would leave it alone, but that's me. It seems like a lot of trouble for this type of upgrade but maybe it's worth it to you? Hopefully someone here can provide better advice for this situation. Welcome to the forum though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by Jeepster2; 08-13-2009 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Forgot to add..
Old 08-13-2009, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

I will probably just do the power locks/keyless entry/alarm since i've seen a couple of stuff online of people who have done it but have not heard about anyone doing power windows. I've been reading a lot of the other threads for other information and this forum is very helpful.... Hopefully someone has some experience with the windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2009, 04:24 AM

Surely there are totaled Compass' by now. Try checking some of the junk yards for parts. That way you could get a prewired door panel(s) as well. If you are lucky you might get parts for all four doors. If it were me I might settle for just the front doors powered.

You might even try e-bay.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 08-13-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:41 PM

Garage
Power drill on the window crank stub......

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
Old 08-13-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Power drill on the window crank stub......
LOL

What drill would you recomend? Got any pictures?

Old 08-13-2009, 04:49 PM

Garage
well personally I have a 28volt milwaukee I use for work, but I think a power screw driver might be the more gentle approach here. I personally haven't tried this approach but I'm sure there is someone who has

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
Old 08-13-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

oh thanks. I'll try out a drill today. It'll just suck to carry that around but it'll beat having to do it by hand. I'll let you know how it goes and put up a video of it.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

I tried it out, I didn't use a drill though but something similar nonetheless. It worked though. Check it out

Last edited by segura15; 08-14-2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Faulty link
Old 08-14-2009, 06:38 AM

Red Green is a genius; he isn't an anglophone is he?

Or is segura15 actually Red Green now living in sunny California?

Last edited by CompassLimited; 08-14-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

The guy is pretty funny. But yeah I decided to just do power locks and keyless entry. The windows seemed like too much of a hassle and I have not heard of anyone who has installed them successfully. I must admit though, Red Green has a cool beard though.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Good research..........LOL

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

Old 08-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Garage
I've seen install kits around but never heard of anyone installing them. Like everyone else I say find the doors and install them. Good job researching, I forgot about Red Green!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in