Hitch Receiver - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 03-04-2012, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Hitch Receiver

Just a question, I had ordered the MOPAR hitch receiver in January from the dealer. Not having any reason to doubt the dealer, they keep saying that this part is on back order, and every time they check it is pushed back a week. Not sure what to do? Should I call mopar myself to check on the part?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Call them..........you got nothing to loose my friend !!!!

Another beautiful example of the lack of interest of a dealer(stealer)ship........sorry IRS........but that's my 2 cents !!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 03:31 PM

You could check with another dealer. Get their price and availability & ask them at least twice how long, sure it that long? Verify its the Morpar not someone elses since you want that. I have CURT on mine it they make nice hitches. Cancel the 1st order first and then order from the new dealer.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-19-2012, 06:28 PM

Garage
You can get them from Amazon for around $120.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 PM

Yeah probably putting junk on that get you in an accident and you'll pay for ti 100 fold.
Product quality and proper installation are key. Both are required if you loose you tow you can be sure there will be an investigation. who installed it.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #6 of 9 Old 06-19-2012, 09:42 PM

Garage
Attaching a trailer hitch is not rocket science. If you have the right tools and read the instructions. I have done it before you were born and towed many a boat with small cars like Datsun and such. There is nothing wrong with the one's offered by Amazon. They are all class 3 hitches.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-19-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeye View Post
Attaching a trailer hitch is not rocket science. If you have the right tools and read the instructions. I have done it before you were born and towed many a boat with small cars like Datsun and such. There is nothing wrong with the one's offered by Amazon. They are all class 3 hitches.
It not rocket science for sure but doing it right with the right tools and hardware. The doesn't mean it gets done right. Quality varies between make and it must have the OEM's load structural limit sticker on it. Otherwise its a china clone.

Before I was eh, well maybe you're one of the few WWII vet kickiing up a fuss then. LOL

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #8 of 9 Old 06-20-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davkane View Post
Just a question, I had ordered the MOPAR hitch receiver in January from the dealer. Not having any reason to doubt the dealer, they keep saying that this part is on back order, and every time they check it is pushed back a week. Not sure what to do? Should I call mopar myself to check on the part?
Did you order it from Orangeville Chrylser?? I'm still waiting for parts I ordered from them in 2008!! Of course I got the same parts from the another dealership about a week later. They actually had them in stock!!
Your hitch is very easy to install. 4 bolts, all the holes predrilled, took me about 10 minutes to put mine on.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 AM

Garage
I have a question : the Compass has multiplexing ?
I search a hitch to install a bike rack but in France, we have to install stop/reverse/indicator lights and a car's plate copy on the bike rack. So, I have to feed the rears lights signals to the bike rack and I wonder if I can connect the lights directly on the car's lights or if I have to install a module for MUX cars.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJulio is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in