engine cover - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 09-01-2009, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

engine cover

i have a question, i have noticed most of the picture around the engine area, the engine has a cover, do all of the compasses have an engine cover???? i have 2.0 engine and it doesnt have one. i want to know if i have to go to the dealer and yell at someone lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

I dunno...........I have the 2.4 .................but you should if you ask me..............

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-01-2009, 06:54 PM

I know the 2.0 in the 2009 doesn't have a cover (at least the one I looked at didn't).

Man was indeed meant to fly...but only in one direction!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-01-2009, 09:57 PM

This sort of question is all over the Dodge Caliber forums. Sometime in 2008 they started phasing out the covers on any of the "World Engine" vehicles that had less than a 2.4L. No one knows why.

I do know that you can buy a 2.0L engine cover on the internet: http://performancedodge.stores.yahoo.net/docaenco.html

1x 2.0L Engine Cover - 4891715AB
4x Ball Mount Studs - 4891847AA

I haven't decided if I'm going to try and scavenge one or order one.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-02-2009, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks shmup-o for the link. and thanks everyone else for responding. its actually pretty cheap and i think it makes the engine area look better. i might have to just buy it.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-09-2009, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

hey can someone please take a pic of their 2.4 engine with the top off, i want to see how the engine layout is and if its any different from the 2.0
post #7 of 10 Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

I don't open my hood in public............this is a family forum...............may you be advise you pervert !!!!!!!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 PM

I could probably take a pic with the cover off when I get home from work. I imagine that it would fit both the 2.0 and 2.4.

I know Jeepster2 was thinking about getting rid of his. Maybe you could buy it cheaper off of him.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

Last edited by eze07projectmayhem; 09-10-2009 at 05:57 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 PM

Garage
Does this cover serve any worthwhile purpose other than looks My 08 Compass didn't come with one and the dealer says that's how he got the vehicle on a trade. Closer inspection shows it don't even have the mounting studs in place. He said he could order me one but the price was way higher than the one cited here. Personally, I don't think it's a gotta have part. Seems to me with the shroud in place it would cause the heat to be held in instead of going up and away from the engine. In any case, mine don't even know it's hat is missing!
post #10 of 10 Old 01-12-2010, 10:09 PM

Garage
If you have the 2.0L engine I don't believe there is a cover. If you have the 2.4L there should be a cover but it's all just for looks. It does serve the purpose of holding all the oil that the techs spill during oil changes though.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in