List of factory part numbers for headlamp assemblies - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 04-29-2012, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation List of factory part numbers for headlamp assemblies

Rather annoyingly, and unlike and other manufacturer, Jeep seem to keep all this info close to their chest and trying to get part numbers and description seems to be a nightmare.

I'm tryng to find part numbers for the headlight assemblies for a 2011/2012european Jeep Compass Sport, the base model as she comes. I need the ones that are/have:
[*]LHD headlight assemblies[*]Daytime running lights (DRLs)[*]Have the auto level system

I have a UK spec Jeep Compass Sport and need to put LHD headlight assemblies on for long term driving in Germany.

Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 PM

Have you called the Dealer service dept. They have all the database numbers.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-29-2012, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Have you called the Dealer service dept. They have all the database numbers.
I've called the factory, MOPAR and spoken directly in person to my local dealer in oklahoma. They can tell me part numbers, but not if those lights fit my jeep or not, and not even which are LHD, RHD and have the auto leveling and DRL fitted or not.

Of course, my VIN number only gives the current RHD lighlight assemblies already fitted and not the replacement LHD versions i'm trying to get.

Its as if its a secret and only you will only find out if you take it to a dealer to get them to do the job for mega $$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-29-2012, 10:36 PM

Why do you need the other part if in the USA. Likely only available from the Eurpean division I would think. Their is a link somewhere but call customer service and request a build list (from Chrysler). This tell you what you have.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Why do you need the other part if in the USA. Likely only available from the Eurpean division I would think. Their is a link somewhere but call customer service and request a build list (from Chrysler). This tell you what you have.
Explaination is in the first post. I'm currently in the US, but have a UK Jeep Compass Sport (RHD with RHD leadlights) that I collect in the UK and then need to register in Germany, which requires it to have LHD headlights. Sounds complicated, but thats military life for you! UK, posted to US, then posted to Germany.

I don't think there the same beam type as US lights, which I believe have a flat beam rather than slightly deflected left (UK) or right (Europe).

Are the headlight assemeblies sealed. I wonder if you can just change the deflectors behind the bulbs rather than the whole thing?
post #6 of 7 Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 AM

Well sound to me you'll have get and do it in Germany when you get the compass there. The entire fixture will have to be replace. It cannot be merely bulb issue and possible PCM change for the country as well to enable the electronics.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #7 of 7 Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

tripplec,

thanks, that what i thought. i just note parts here are considerably cheaper than in europe - just trying to save some hard earned cash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in