• 2 Post By Utahcompas07
  • 1 Post By BeDevil79
  • 1 Post By Cherokee
  • 1 Post By Tyler-98-W68

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 10-26-2012, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The tougher looking Compass is here!

Alright so I already have pictures of my lifted Compass in my garage but it now here's more!!! Here it is everyone! It's finally been done! This so far is the only picture of the Stage 1 "Super slider" rock slider rails, aftermarket slide plates, a rough and tough Adventure Rack roof rack and the Stage 1 push bar bumper.

The Stage 2 sliders will be a little wider and the Stage 2 front push bar will have a winch put in there. I'll show the Stage 2 pics once I receive my Compass.

Now I'm sure you all are asking by now, "How can I make my Compass like this? " Go to Off-Road Equipment for the Serious Enthusiast and search under the Compass/Patriot section. This is brand new equipment for them so keep looking because as of today October 25th 2012 they don't have the site updated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(7).JPG (122.2 KB, 216 views)
BeDevil79 and MrSpookyMOAB like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-26-2012, 03:04 AM

Garage
Looks excellent! I would like to get the sliders from there and maybe a lift. Light bar looks good too but no good on the 11's

More pics when you have them
2012Compass likes this.

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 Old 10-27-2012, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Actually BeDevil they are waiting for the owner of a 2011 Compass to drop theirs off at the shop to start modifications so you can start ordering part too. I just got my Compass back today with the winch and without the lights. I've ordered my own lights and will posting pictures as I go and as Rocky Mountain starts making more parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-27-2012, 10:23 AM

Garage
Sounds promising, i'll keep a look out for what they come up with, thanks

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahcompas07 View Post
Alright so I already have pictures of my lifted Compass in my garage but it now here's more!!! Here it is everyone! It's finally been done! This so far is the only picture of the Stage 1 "Super slider" rock slider rails, aftermarket slide plates, a rough and tough Adventure Rack roof rack and the Stage 1 push bar bumper.

The Stage 2 sliders will be a little wider and the Stage 2 front push bar will have a winch put in there. I'll show the Stage 2 pics once I receive my Compass.

Now I'm sure you all are asking by now, "How can I make my Compass like this? " Go to Off-Road Equipment for the Serious Enthusiast and search under the Compass/Patriot section. This is brand new equipment for them so keep looking because as of today October 25th 2012 they don't have the site updated.
LOL, with all those lights I believe you'll exceed the capacity of the alternator. Might stall the engine or smoke the alternator.

Is that push bar mounted in the plastic front. I hope you have a cross member in behind it.

The Compass is no JEEP. Just be careful or the Calibre within will jump out and say ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #6 of 12 Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
All of those lights have been added by Rocky Road Outfitters for looks. I do plan on adding my own lights but not near as high voltage as the ones they put on. I also plan on looking for a better alternator to power up the lights for when I do use them.

As for the roof rack they designed their own roof rack so it's stronger then the factory rack and it sits on top of the stock side rails.

The push bar on the front is bolted to the main cross member behind the plastic. Yes you will have to cut into the plastic and drill into the cross member. The winch designed for the Compass is built into a completely new cross member that you will use to replace from the stock one.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-30-2012, 11:21 PM

A lot of wind drag on the roof line. I guess your gas is cheap for you.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #8 of 12 Old 11-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Administrator

I think it looks AWESOME!!!!! Finally a Compass for the off road enthusiast! No, the Compass isn't built like the Wrangler but properly equipped, skid plates being a good idea, mild lift just to help with the approach/break over angles, the Compass is a very capable Jeep! Now to find a 175 amp alternator to fit and work those lights!

- Cherokee

Utahcompas07 likes this.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #9 of 12 Old 11-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
LOL, with all those lights I believe you'll exceed the capacity of the alternator. Might stall the engine or smoke the alternator.

Is that push bar mounted in the plastic front. I hope you have a cross member in behind it.

The Compass is no JEEP. Just be careful or the Calibre within will jump out and say ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

FDII Compass' Have larger alternators, as did the 07-10 FDII Patriots, so in theory you could add the larger alternator easily.

Over Kill driving lights project *Done* - Jeep Patriot Forums

THat was my old patriot and I had higher wattage lights everywhere, and never ran into a problem.

I might be a bit pissy but A jeep compass is a jeep and can go offroad, FDII or not and I have tons of videos that prove that, especially in my old patriot
Utahcompas07 likes this.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-08-2012, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
FDII Compass' Have larger alternators, as did the 07-10 FDII Patriots, so in theory you could add the larger alternator easily.

Over Kill driving lights project *Done* - Jeep Patriot Forums

THat was my old patriot and I had higher wattage lights everywhere, and never ran into a problem.

I might be a bit pissy but A jeep compass is a jeep and can go offroad, FDII or not and I have tons of videos that prove that, especially in my old patriot
Do you think that the 140amp would do? I like what you did with the Patriot. I now also have the winch up front so there will be a bit more power drawn. There are no heated seats and there is still the stock stereo. What do you think about all that?

Quote:
A lot of wind drag on the roof line. I guess your gas is cheap for you.
Honestly the drag has gone down about 1/2 mpg. There is a little noise but nothing that will drive me crazy. I'm going to install an LED light bar up top but up front I'm going to install some flood lights.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Post a run down of what you all will be running add on wise, winch shouldn't matter as it's only going to be used at certain times.
post #12 of 12 Old 11-19-2012, 04:39 PM

Garage
Quote:

I have to laugh cause the first sentence of the Rocky-Road Compass section says, "Who says a Compass isn't a 'real Jeep'???"

Jeep Compass parts and accessories at the lowest prices

2011 Jeep Compass Latitude 4X4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in