Bluetooth system - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Bluetooth system

does anyone know what the cost is of getting the Bluetooth installed. I think I have the basic radio system. I really need the Bluetooth with all the traveling I'm doing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM

Garage
what is the year of your jeep, and does your radio already have the phone button on the radio?
post #3 of 12 Old 04-08-2013, 08:36 PM

Garage
The dealer is installing UConnect in my 2013 latitude in the AM, what should I expect, e.g., is it the same that would come from the factory?

My radio has SAT but no green phone button, of course, will the radio also be replaced as is the rear view mirror (where mic is) and steering wheel controller?

Tks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Z_Statman
2015 Compass Latitude 4x4

=========================================
"The journey is the reward" (Steve Jobs 1983)
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" (anonymous)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 04:58 PM

Garage
depends on if they're installing an OEM accessory kit or an aftermarket. no, they will not be replacing the mirror for you, that is a $400 undertaking (mirror plus wiring harness). and they will not be replacing the steering wheel buttons either, although i did that to mine very easily (it's plug-n-play). if you do not have the phone/VR button on the radio, expect a dashboard mounted button for both, and also expect a microphone up near the top left corner of your windshield. now, if they're installing an aftermarket kit, your guess about how it will look is as good as mine.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 PM

Garage
Right it is IRS

They planned to put in the kit and I said NO so now trying to work out pricing for a trade from the 2013 to a 'really fancy' 2014

Wait and see

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Z_Statman

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" (anonymous)
post #6 of 12 Old 04-13-2013, 01:53 AM

If you look for a cheap but very functional Bluetooth solution, look at the JABRA JOURNEY stand-alone Bluetooth device! It's very cheap (pay mine 35$ on sale) and this device is INCREDIBLE... it's 99% like a integrated Bluetooth hand-free because it power on, power off and answer call completely automatically. It use motion/shock sensor to know when you enter or leave the car. This device also have the voice caller ID (it speak name of the caller). The speaker is very powerful and ultra-clear and the microphone record much better than most integrated factory Bluetooth, it also have noise cancellation features. It also have "no touch" operation, I mean you can answer calls by voice command (you say "ANSWER" or "IGNORE" and that's it!).

Well... except for the fact of having to charge the device (charge mine once a MONTH and use it every day...), it's better than several factory integrated Bluetooth!

2010 Jeep Compass North Edition 4X4 CVT
2010 Chevy Cobalt LS
post #7 of 12 Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 PM

Garage
Thanks, really looks great

Should know next week how exchange goes
post #8 of 12 Old 04-21-2013, 02:51 PM

Garage
Got the new 2013 so all is well now but a question:

The button package on the left-side of the steering wheel just has Step & Reset but space for 2 more buttons. I believe they might be related to the bluetooth/phone interface versus having to use the phone button on the radio, is this correct? If so, is this a "plug-n-play" item whereby can easily exchange?

Z_Statman

post #9 of 12 Old 04-22-2013, 01:25 PM

Garage
no, the step/reset buttons have nothing to do with the bluetooth. however, if you had gotten the security & cargo convenience package, along with the bluetooth, your steering wheel module would have 6 buttons on it instead of two, two of which would be the bluetooth/VR buttons. however, there is good news! you can simply add the module you need, it is plug-n-play (i know for a fact, i did it myself). the hard part will be finding the correct part number for the module that you need, because you need one with 4 buttons (step, reset, BT, VR). i needed all 6 buttons. don't even bother telling your local parts department you need one out of a compass, because the button configuration you're looking for was never available in a compass. however, they are compatable across the board. the module you need is identical to the one in this photo of a dodge grand caravan.

post #10 of 12 Old 04-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Garage
Question

Thanks IRS

So as I understand, the Dodge module can replace my Compass module as a "simple" pop mine out then plug in the Dodge and snap it in?

What is the Dodge PN?
post #11 of 12 Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
Thanks IRS

So as I understand, the Dodge module can replace my Compass module as a "simple" pop mine out then plug in the Dodge and snap it in?

What is the Dodge PN?
yes, i did it to mine. the air bag comes out, then the silver T trim piece of the steering wheel, then you just pop out the old module and plug the new one in. no programming, nothing, completely functional. i do not work at my jeep dealership anymore, so i cannot provide you with a part number. you'll have to find a car on the lot that has that module in it, give them that car's VIN number and they can look it up that way.

i thought you were looking at a 2014?
post #12 of 12 Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 PM

Garage
IRS, thanks

Was, wrt the 2013, but they found a 2013 like I wanted + the bluetooth so went that way

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in