Winch Mount Bumper Purchased! - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tyler-98-W68

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 01-21-2014, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Winch Mount Bumper Purchased!

So after waiting patiently for RR to release a kit for the 2011+ style compass, I've resolved myself to kit this kit:

Jeep Compass bumper kits and winch kits for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

I bought it with the brush bar and light mount kit along with an 8000lb winch with synthetic line, should be getting it next week, and hopefully install it soon after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-25-2014, 01:11 PM

Garage
Looks awesome. Pls post pics when done.

Donovan
2011 Compass Limited 2.0 Manual
Brilliant Black
Execuhitch Removable Gooseneck Tow Bar
post #3 of 7 Old 02-10-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
So after waiting patiently for RR to release a kit for the 2011+ style compass, I've resolved myself to kit this kit:

Jeep Compass bumper kits and winch kits for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

I bought it with the brush bar and light mount kit along with an 8000lb winch with synthetic line, should be getting it next week, and hopefully install it soon after.
How much did the complete kit run you? Did you get a discount at all? I've been considering picking one of these up as well..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-10-2014, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
They are still waiting for some parts to be fabbed up, so it hasn't shipped yet, but I also added the Lift Kit as well to my order, i'm getting free shipping. So the grand totally for the bumper setup is 1100, with the lift kit, its 1500 all in.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-02-2014, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Teaser pic until I get some more of the totally finished product.

unlisted likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #6 of 7 Old 03-02-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
Teaser pic until I get some more of the totally finished product.

Man that looks good. Are those rigid or another brand of leds?

Easy to install? I pulled the trigger last week and bought....well... Basically everything rockyroad offers for the jeep. Tho I got the warn8000s. I may be getting a custom lightbar mount tho, I have quite a few lights to mount.

Also got a quick question re your signature. Do you have a link with details for the interior leds and the headlight conversion? I want to switch out the interior lights and maybe the headlights but was worried about it throwing up a error code on the dash.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-02-2014, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Hardest part was getting the bull bar bolted in after everything else was done.

A few minor things to fix in a few weeks when I have more time. The control box for the winch is quite large and when the bumper cover went back on it didn't allow the bumper to fit in perfect, there is major clearance issues, things are super tight. As a result on the drivers side, the bumper cover isn't quite fitting nice and flush like it should. I'm going to move the control box for the winch and hopefully solve the problem.

Related to the clearance issues, we had to enlarge the holes on the bumper mounts for the winch, so we could move it slightly (it was awful close to the AC condenser).

LED headlight wise, they are these

Cree KIT H11 Pack OF 2 LED Bulbs 25W 1800 Lumen Each FOG Head Light Replacement | eBay

Also got a 9005 Kit of the same for the highbeams/DRLS

Also had to use this to avoid flickering and flashing

LED Warning Canceler H11 X 2 Wires Resistors Stop Flicker Flash Plug Play 12volt | eBay

Interior LED's I went with

Festoon Dome All LED Lights Bulbs | Autolumination

Super-High Powered 5050 SMT 3 Chip Led Festoon Bulbs the 9 LED version

I"ve never thrown a code changing interior lights to led's

As for the headlights, get the resistors and you'll be good to go

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in