HID's - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 02-20-2014, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

HID's

Installed a set of H-11 Low Beam HID Headlights, no problems at first, but within a week or so things started to happen. The right headlight started blinking at night when they were on. Then it went out completely. Replaced that bulb with another new one that I had. One day went out to crank the jeep up, dead as a door-nail. Nothing would work, no horn, no lights, no starter, nothing. The left turn signal was the only thing on and it was not blinking. Tried jumping it off, still nothing. Finally disconnected the battery. re-attached cable, every thing was fine. Disconnected the cable again, cleaned what was already clean. All was well for another few days, then this happened again. Disconnected the battery cable, all was fine. Finally took the HID's off the car, along with the transformers, put all back stock with the H-11 Bulbs, three weeks later, all is still fine. Got any ideas what the heck was going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 PM

I had same problem with my 08 compass, HIDs don't work right on it, I had headlights + fog lights ,but the headlights blinked constantly, because there's no constant charge to the headlights, they send pulses to save energy and preserve bulb life.. HIDs require full constant juice

so I just used the foglight HIDs, one day I turn them on and all my dash lights come on and reads NO BUS, and was dead... I had to disconnect the battery and connect it and it started back up, haven't used HIDs on my compass since

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-20-2014, 01:08 PM

Garage
yup, HIDs in these cars are a bad idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-31-2014, 01:17 PM

Hmm, OK how about loading the HID ballast on the battery directly! Using a relay wiring so u only use the original H11 connectors to signal the relay

I think it is that simple
post #5 of 6 Old 11-15-2014, 12:59 AM

Garage
I'm running a dual beam 55 watt h13. Ballasts are loaded directly to the battery with 2 fuses. Headlights will turn off and right back on randomly. May go a month and never flicker then do it twice in a week. I'm clueless.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-16-2014, 05:55 AM

Garage
To get HID's to work correctly you will need to install power resistors to mimic the H13 bulbs and fool the computer.

Something like this should work 9008 H13 HID Conversion Kit Error Free w Load Resistor Wiring Harness Adapter | eBay one for each side.

Install the resistors first (resistors will get hot so avoid installing them on plastic) and then the harness for the HIDs after.

In my case, since the day I drove mine off the lot, the stock headlights would randomly flicker once or twice on long drives. I would hardly notice it because halogen bulbs dont turn off instantly unlike HIDs. From what i've read, some have this problem and some dont. To correct this, I had to also install a capacitor in between the load resistor and HID harness.

If you have the same problem after installing the resistors, one like this should work for you Anti Flicker JDM Warning Decoder Canceller AU30 Capacitor H13 H4 High Low Beam | eBay

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in