Fog Lights Changed - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 Old 04-29-2010, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Fog Lights Changed

Hi,

I found Nokya bright yellow replacement bulbs for the factory fog lights. They are a direct plug replacement for the 9145 white bulb. H10 is their reference and wattage is the same(45 watts) so not overheating the wires or switch issues.

They offer a much better option for improved visibility in wet/foggy conditions and on coming traffic will have a different colour to identify you.
http://nokyausa.com/hy/hy7626.htm

Good value in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01344-s.jpg (93.4 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01345-s.jpg (92.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01346-s.jpg (91.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01347-s.jpg (95.2 KB, 38 views)

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tripplec; 05-14-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Added Photos Now!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-14-2010, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Ok, I have attached photos to the original post. I just installed the bug deflector this AM as a well so the front is done.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old 05-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Looks great, nice work, thanks for sharing the pics! Where did you get your bug deflector?

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 05-16-2010, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Local source in Markham. AVS bug shield

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #5 of 20 Old 05-19-2010, 01:28 PM

Is the bug shield expensive and is your local source a chain that might be in Ottawa?
post #6 of 20 Old 05-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Wink

i also have the yellow fogs i picked up my bulbs last year from pacific mall they cost me 20 bucks but one has burned out. im going to head up there today maby and buy another set. ill keep an eye out for a red compass with yellow fogs

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
190,000 km (Always in the shop)
Recently Overhauled every link/bushing in the front/rear
20% tint on windows
Lamin-X smoked tail lights
Painted all silver interior trim satin black.
I strongly Reccomend You Don't buy a Jeep Compass!!!!
post #7 of 20 Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman View Post
i also have the yellow fogs i picked up my bulbs last year from pacific mall they cost me 20 bucks but one has burned out. im going to head up there today maby and buy another set. ill keep an eye out for a red compass with yellow fogs
You can get the bulbs and other accessories very reasonbly at SPT (Speed tech Auto) http://www.speedtechauto.com/

I have purchase them, husky cargo liner, AVS bug shield there. The can get them in the next day for your ride!!!

Enjoy!!!

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #8 of 20 Old 06-15-2010, 11:50 AM

Hello Zackman,

Do you know if they still have these bulbs at the mall? If so which store has them?

Tks

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #9 of 20 Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWoodca View Post
Hello Zackman,

Do you know if they still have these bulbs at the mall? If so which store has them?

Tks
As per the first post the bulbs I used are made by Noyka and type H10. They are a direct replacement but clear yellow bulb 45 watt. Check the source in Markham they may ship. They were $35 per pair for me here. See the Nokya website for deals.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #10 of 20 Old 06-16-2010, 01:42 PM

Hi Tripplec,

Thanks for the reply

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #11 of 20 Old 06-16-2010, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWoodca View Post
Hi Tripplec,

Thanks for the reply
A Google hunt came up with this. It looks just like my package and H10 set.

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Nokya-33104.htm

We have the exact in this Compass and Explorer sport since they both use the same bulb and wattage is OEM exactly. That way they is 100% compliance with the wiring gauge by design. Chrysler cannot come back on you for overloading the harness because you changed the bulb.

I hope this helps and I am certain there are other source for this name brand product.

www.eautoworks.com/product-Nokya-33104.htm

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #12 of 20 Old 08-16-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Driving back from the cottage and the skies getting darker and then black as I drove into it. Massive rain drops on the verge of big hale stones started down. I had my fog lights on and low beams through the thick of it. I wish I could turn the fog lights on at will. They cannot be turned on if no lights are on (parking lights as minimum) and go off with highbeams. This is a real dumb ass design. I came up to several big pickups coming towards me and they toggled their high beam off without the fog lights going off(there fogs lights are white and I just changed my bulbs to yellow) The yellow works fantastic showing me the lines on both side of the road through the river of water, down pour and countless lightning bolts all the way down in Durham into Markham. There was a lightning bolt that hit something just ahead of me to the right of the road just ahead of a van/Dodge Journey. Something like that with the bolt of light burn into my retina sparks flew off the point of impact for some time. I was thinking after is was a transformer but who really knows. It was very dark, my daughter was alarmed and said it was cool before but this was too much and way too close. Not too much different from when we tubing down a river in Haliburton and a Black Bear crossed the river ahead of her and I was just behind but missed the excitement. The surprise and coolness shifted to concern and approached panic before the bear wandered out behind a log onto the shore and in to the bushes.

It was an eventful weekend but I think rewiring our making modifications to the light are are in order. A schematic may be a requirement here on this to see where it can be circumvented for the real world.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Last edited by tripplec; 08-17-2010 at 02:25 PM.
post #13 of 20 Old 08-16-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Driving back from the cottage and the skies getting darker and then black as I drove into it. Massive rain drops on the verge of big hale stones started down. I had my fog lights on and low beams through the thick of it. I which I could turn the fog lights on at will. They cannot be turned on if no lights are on (parking lights as minimum) and go off with highbeams. This is a real dumb ass design. I came up to several big pickups coming towards me and they toggled their high beam off without the fog lights going off(there fogs lights are white and I just changed my bulbs to yellow) The yellow works fantastic showing me the lines on both side of the road through the river of water, down pour and countless lightning bolts all the way down in Durham into Markham. There was a lightning bolt that hit something just ahead of me to the right of the road just ahead of a van/Dodge Journey. Something like that with the bolt of light burn into my retina sparks flew off the point of impact for some time. I was thinking after is was a transformer but who really knows. It was very dark, my daughter was alarmed and said it was cool before but this was too much and way too close. Not too much different from when we tubing down a river in Haliburton and a Black Bear crossed the river ahead of her and I was just behind but missed the excitement. The surprise and coolness shifted to concern and approached panic before the bear wandered out behind a log onto the shore and in to the bushes.

It was an eventful weekend but I think rewiring our making modifications to the light are are in order. A schematic may be a requirement here on this to see where it can be circumvented for the real world.
epic run on. it kept me on the edge of my chair. you are right about the stupid design i hate it. the yellow bulbs are great in these kinds of conditions for sure. how old is your daughter?

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
190,000 km (Always in the shop)
Recently Overhauled every link/bushing in the front/rear
20% tint on windows
Lamin-X smoked tail lights
Painted all silver interior trim satin black.
I strongly Reccomend You Don't buy a Jeep Compass!!!!
post #14 of 20 Old 08-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Administrator

Wow tripplec, that's quite a story, I wanted to get to the end just to make sure you two made it alright and really glad to hear you did!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #15 of 20 Old 08-17-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Daughter is fine. We are selling the cottage and she wanted on more experience to remember the place she grew up at over summers and winters. We used it year round and she lives in Montreal going to University there. But drifting into a bear in the middle of a river by the strong current was a bit unnerving. Can't say I would not be concerned if it was me confronting it first. I've had run in's with them for decades around the dumps and still kicking but not on water. I wasn't yogie ether ha ha

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #16 of 20 Old 09-03-2010, 10:05 PM

Generally, you put the foglights on in the fog... put your highbeams on next time you're in fog or a snow storm - can't see 2 feet in front of you, hence, why, highbeams on = foglights off. Read the Highway Traffic Act just for fun Strength of front lamps

(9) No motor vehicle shall carry on the front thereof more than four lighted lamps that project a beam having an intensity of over 300 candela. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (9).

e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90h08_e.htm#BK120
As I'm pretty sure fogs and highbeams would do this... and, in the case of my retired Grand Cherokee (1999), the low beams would not shutoff when the highbeams engaged, so, with foglights, that would be 6 - I know the Compass shuts the lows off, but you see the point...

2009 Limited 4x4, "Black Pearl", RER infotainment, leather, sunroof, airbox mod, CVTII, cleaned 2 times a week, 9.1L/100km avg.
post #17 of 20 Old 09-03-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Well I find the Compass DOES NOT allow you to turn them ON unless lights (parking or headlamps are on). Sometimes I like to have them on due to conditions ahead and don't need tail lights. But no, Can't be done. I have seen other vehicles IE Ford Explorer 2002 which has the same type of fog light and has a independent switch to turn them on. Yes, if the highbeam is turned on they go off. But no other lights need to be on.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #18 of 20 Old 09-03-2010, 10:42 PM

Oh heck yes, I agree with that... an old(er) car I had you just flipped a switch and the fogs came on... I do disagree with the "must have at least some type of light on" before the fogs go...

2009 Limited 4x4, "Black Pearl", RER infotainment, leather, sunroof, airbox mod, CVTII, cleaned 2 times a week, 9.1L/100km avg.
post #19 of 20 Old 09-06-2010, 05:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Well I find the Compass DOES NOT allow you to turn them ON unless lights (parking or headlamps are on). Sometimes I like to have them on due to conditions ahead and don't need tail lights.
The tail lights are not for you, they are for anybody who maybe coming up behind you. If conditions demand auxiliary lighting, trust me, I NEED YOUR TAIL LIGHTS WORKING.
post #20 of 20 Old 06-23-2012, 04:54 PM

Garage
Anyone got a source link for 2011 comp plug n play hid fog lights?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in