RRO lift Kit info - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By LordReddawg
  • 1 Post By LordReddawg

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 27 Old 05-17-2014, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
RRO lift Kit info

Ive seen a lot of info on the lift from RRO. Im looking for people who had bought it and installed it. Im looking for the good and bad. How long it took to receive the lift and how long to the install it. how it improved on ground clearance how much on a lift did it give. and if u happen to put different tires on what what kind and how much did the tire help with a lift for ground clearance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 05-17-2014, 11:15 PM

Garage
LIFT IT!!!! No change in ride quality what so ever! Easy install...the kit says within an hour. But set an afternoon aside for peice of mind. Great shipping experience. Very fast and all peices were in kit. I went for larger tires but down to a 16" rim for larger sidewall 215/70r16(28.3"). Ive seen people on this form with 235/75R16(29.8"). But from what I understand they require hub spacers and a pinch weld mod . Max tire size is 30" I love the way it looks and they way it sits against other compass's. I dont bottom out practaly at all when playing on hills and puddles. LIFT IT!!!
post #3 of 27 Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0jbrewer0 View Post
LIFT IT!!!! No change in ride quality what so ever! Easy install...the kit says within an hour. But set an afternoon aside for peice of mind. Great shipping experience. Very fast and all peices were in kit. I went for larger tires but down to a 16" rim for larger sidewall 215/70r16(28.3"). Ive seen people on this form with 235/75R16(29.8"). But from what I understand they require hub spacers and a pinch weld mod . Max tire size is 30" I love the way it looks and they way it sits against other compass's. I dont bottom out practaly at all when playing on hills and puddles. LIFT IT!!!
that's the kind of info im looking for im looking in to put 235/7/16(28.98") so those should be good still wanting to get spacers I want it to be my own not like all the other ones on the road

Im still hoping more people who has the lift would give me more info almost sold on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Lift it! makes the compass look way more badass. Its an afternoon job, the front end is really easy to do, the back end requires a little more effort and disassembly of the rear suspension components. Its well worth the effort, very tangible benefits offroad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #5 of 27 Old 05-19-2014, 04:38 AM

Is this something anyone can do?
post #6 of 27 Old 05-19-2014, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
Lift it! makes the compass look way more badass. Its an afternoon job, the front end is really easy to do, the back end requires a little more effort and disassembly of the rear suspension components. Its well worth the effort, very tangible benefits offroad.
like aways u give good advise Tyler do u know eneything about skid plates since u talking about tangible benefits for offroad
post #7 of 27 Old 05-20-2014, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5un1688 View Post
Is this something anyone can do?
If you are mechanically inclined it's not too difficult to do. If you haven't worked on vehicles before it may be a bit intimidating.

For a regular mechanic its pretty easy stuff. I had mine done by an autobody technician at a collision repair place. He's a big jeep guy and lifted lots of vehicles, so for him it was a walk in the park.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #8 of 27 Old 09-08-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
ok my lift finally came in about dang time(note to all people shipping to APO the military sucks at mail lol) vbut I got it in and that's what counts now should I get a shop to install when I get my 235/65/17 tires put on all at ones or should I do it my self cause I know when I do one they both have to be realigned either way
post #9 of 27 Old 09-09-2014, 01:50 PM

Garage
It states in the instructions that a skilled mechanic should beable to do this in a hour. So the labor should not be over 2 hrs for install if u bring it to the dealership which is about 150 to 200$. Its more of a question if you want to spend te money or not...its a breeze to install, however leave a full afternoon for it. The alignment is inevitable, so the time in the shop already scheduled and will also be an entire afternoon if you opt to have it intalled thru the dealership
post #10 of 27 Old 09-26-2014, 01:12 AM

Garage
Okay so I am FWD but I want more ground clearance. Should I still lift it and get the kit from RRO? Because ground clearance sucks on our cars. I mean thinking about it most cars that are 4x4, what wheels do they engage...the front. Its the first thing that is in the mud and the first thing out. So Im thinking I should be able to go pretty much any where i want to go...troll if you want but I think Jeep did an okay job making the very light Compass that isnt a 4x4 front wheel drive.

2014 Jeep Compass Sport
2.4L FWD
post #11 of 27 Old 09-27-2014, 01:59 PM

Hello everybody,
Could anyone send me the installation guide of the kit, I'm not sure what to do, change springs ir install rro kit....

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

Pd, my email [email protected]
post #12 of 27 Old 09-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brbowen View Post
Okay so I am FWD but I want more ground clearance. Should I still lift it and get the kit from RRO? Because ground clearance sucks on our cars. I mean thinking about it most cars that are 4x4, what wheels do they engage...the front. Its the first thing that is in the mud and the first thing out. So Im thinking I should be able to go pretty much any where i want to go...troll if you want but I think Jeep did an okay job making the very light Compass that isnt a 4x4 front wheel drive.
The extra ground clearance will help, but don't get a false sense of security, you will get a 2wd stuck rather easy. Any type of incline with a lose traction surface, and you'll notice you won't be going much farther.

Not trying to discourage you, but its the laws of physics that become involved and you can't change that. The 4x4 system on a compass doesn't require that the front tries slip before engaging the rear, it is done automatically based on a variety of different inputs, example, taking off with lots of throttle will engage the rear wheel, and the fronts don't slip then. You can also lock the 4x4 in allowing the back tires to be powered without any front slippage.

One thing that will help a lot is investing in a good set of all terrain tires if you're thinking about going offroad at all. Tires make the biggest difference in the capability, so that would be the first place to start.

I"d be happy to put my compass it to FWD mode (I know how) and show you what it's capable of.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #13 of 27 Old 09-29-2014, 04:01 AM

Garage
I understand it is better to have the 4x4 and I can't disagree with physics so you got me there. But then again we are really light and I am planning on getting ATs if/when I get he lift just wondered if the lift would be worth the money or just throwing it away...thank you for your honest input and it's not discouraging at all! I really don't go anywhere with an incline just a little mud I have had to get though but I'm on stock tires still so I just want to be able to go do more, ya know?

2014 Jeep Compass Sport
2.4L FWD
post #14 of 27 Old 09-29-2014, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Tires will make a big difference. I agree with you on the weight harder to sink down if you aren't heavy. One other advantage is if you ever look on the underside of the compass it doesn't have axles hanging down like solid axle vehicles so if you have enough speed and bottom out you sort of skid a but easier over stuff vs dragging the axle housing on the ground.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #15 of 27 Old 09-29-2014, 05:31 PM

Garage
Very true! I want to make a metal skid plate though the plastic one on my is already cracked....

2014 Jeep Compass Sport
2.4L FWD
post #16 of 27 Old 10-22-2014, 08:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brbowen View Post
Very true! I want to make a metal skid plate though the plastic one on my is already cracked....
That "plastic one" is no "skid plate"... I think factory ones are available. I haven't even changed the oil yet in mine and I had it jacked up thinking of add it/them (more than one???).
post #17 of 27 Old 10-23-2014, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
if anyone finds the skidplate give the info where and how cause we all want to know
post #18 of 27 Old 12-03-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I finaly got my LIFT installed today it looks so good I think they did it for $250 planning to get my new 16" rims and A/T Tires
post #19 of 27 Old 12-19-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordReddawg View Post
I finaly got my LIFT installed today it looks so good I think they did it for $250 planning to get my new 16" rims and A/T Tires
Nice. Any pics? How many inches of lift did you put? Been thinking of lifting my Compass as well.
post #20 of 27 Old 12-19-2014, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by compazguy View Post
Nice. Any pics? How many inches of lift did you put? Been thinking of lifting my Compass as well.
2 inches but in getting 235/65/17 cooper discovery a/t3 tires on so ill get about another inch so all together ill get aabout 11-12 inch of clearance ill up load some picks when tires come in
post #21 of 27 Old 12-30-2014, 10:54 AM

Garage
Compass lift...

I have an '07 Compass that I've been looking to lift. Would someone be able to post a link for the site you guys have been talking about? I'd love to be able to get these parts and get cracking with this lift. Also...what parts won't be replaced with the lift? If my suspension needs replaced anyway...will this lift fix it or no? Any replies are appreciated... Thanks...
post #22 of 27 Old 12-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Jeep Compass Lift Kit:*2.125" Jeep Compass Lift Kit

You'll get new rear upper control arms and sway bar link extensions for the front.

It's basically a spacer lift so it doesn't replace much of the suspension.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #23 of 27 Old 12-30-2014, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
question now I had my lift put on about 2-3 weeks ago took my tire off and noticed that when the people installed my lift they didn't put the grease points on the rear control arms due to to what looks like they would have been in the way if they had put them on i have a plan im going to was a small bolt there and use a grease gun with a needle tip to put grease in it then close it with the bolt any one know what size the fitings are by chance
post #24 of 27 Old 05-28-2015, 01:54 PM

Garage
^^Same Question!
post #25 of 27 Old 05-28-2015, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey Alex I found the answer to my question I found this website that has the zerk fittings (grease point)FLUSH TYPE GREASE FITTINGS, FLUSH ZERK FITTINGS, NAS516-1A, NAS516-M1 and I talked to jarred from RRO they said in there words The zerks are a 1/4" is size I believe the thread pitch is 28 that website has them also its figure 20

Im planning on buying new ones when I finish moving to Alaska
Alexavius likes this.
post #26 of 27 Old 05-29-2015, 06:21 AM

Garage
That's great man!
Sadly, and maybe its a design flaw of RRO, the ones that come with the kit aren't meant to stay installed on the joint permanently. I found this out the hard way. After installing everything (with the zerk fittings attached) I lowered the upper control arm and straightened the hub then "POP!" The damn Zerk fitting on the drivers side outer UCA snapped clean off at the base below the nut! So I now need to extract that old fitting from the UCA and while I'm at it...replace all the others. So, that site will be getting used VERY soon! I need a "Flush" or low-pro solution in order to clear the UCA brace.
post #27 of 27 Old 05-29-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I would try the flush that's what im going to get there made for that kind of place and ya I had the same happen to me POP but on both sides and I had a shop do it I didn't find out till I took my tire off and I can see some rust in the hole so I put some grease in there and put RTV over the holes they lasted me about 4 months np but soon im going have to replace them both rather be safe than srry and replace them both completely to make sure they are 100% ok lol
Alexavius likes this.

Last edited by LordReddawg; 05-29-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in