New Lift Kit - 2" Springs - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 23 Old 07-09-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

New Lift Kit - 2" Lift with new Springs

I haven't poked around on the Patriot forums in some time, but it looks like there is a new lift kit available for the Patriot/Compass:

Patriot Forums - Stu's Coil Springs

I was eyeing the RRO kit before, but everyone seems to like this setup better over in Pat land. Not sure if I'm ready to jump in, I'd really like to go with new rims/tires at the same time and will need to save up!

These are better than the RRO kit because you only have to replace the springs, you don't need to add parts.

Last edited by shmup-o; 07-09-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 07:54 AM

Garage
This looks cool.. but expensive!

Whats to stop someone from just throwing on some universal springs that fit instead of the kit?

2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 2.4L, Black Pearl, CVTII.
post #3 of 23 Old 07-19-2010, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochinprc View Post
This looks cool.. but expensive!

Whats to stop someone from just throwing on some universal springs that fit instead of the kit?
Personally, I'm not sure. I do know that these were tested and built to spec for Patriots, but I don't know what differences installing a similar set of universal springs would be.

Mods: Black Muffler, Rallye Spoiler
Mods (Just a matter of time): Intake Nozzle Mod, Upper/Lower Grille Inserts
Mods (Still Debating): Remove Door Pillar Black Tape, Murchison 2" lift + bigger tires, Body Colored Hatch Facasia + Black Jeep badges, Rallye Body Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 07-21-2010, 10:37 PM

Shmup-o, I saw your post over on Partriot Forums. Keep us posted if you find out anything about if these springs work on the Compass. I was considering the RRO kit, but I might just have to wait now.
post #5 of 23 Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 AM

any news on lift kits for the compass?
post #6 of 23 Old 08-23-2010, 04:54 AM

I ordered the springs from Stu. They're on their way from Australia right now and I'll let you guys know when I receive them and install them.
post #7 of 23 Old 08-24-2010, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmiola View Post
I ordered the springs from Stu. They're on their way from Australia right now and I'll let you guys know when I receive them and install them.
Sweet, I can't wait to see pics!!!

Mods (Still Debating): Remove Door Pillar Black Tape, Murchison 2" lift + bigger tires, Body Colored Hatch Facasia + Black Jeep badges, Rallye Body Kit
post #8 of 23 Old 09-07-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Murchison Products has posted on JeepPatriot.com that the CRDSTU Coils do indeed fit on the Compass. He is reporting that the Compass tested gained "48mm in the front and 50mm in the rear". http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/sho...660#post262660

post #9 of 23 Old 03-28-2014, 02:31 PM

Garage
What about warranty though. RRO states that factory warranty still applys bc you are not replacing factory parts and are only adding to them.

2013 Jeep Compass
All Season North Edition
All Terrain Tire Pkg
Sun & Sound Pkg
Metallic Silver
4x4 5spd
post #10 of 23 Old 03-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The dealership has to prove your modification caused a part to fail to deny warranty coverage. I have the RRO Lift kit and while my dealer despises the fact I modified my vehicle, I needed a right rear strut replaced and they tried to tell me the lift caused the problem. But after calmly explaining to them the reality of the situation it is being covered. RRO kit ads to the suspension it does not modify any parts, the only thing it really changes is it includes heavier duty rear upper control arms.

With the RRO lift kit on I noticed no change in the ride quality it's exactly the same as before.

I recommend it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #11 of 23 Old 04-22-2014, 02:27 PM

Garage
Rocky road lift kit and spacers and tires

With the rocky road lift kit and wheel spacers that are 1.5, what size tire can i get away with to get me that extra lift and not rub the wheel wells?

Thank you

JEEP COMPASS LATITUDE METALLIC GRAY
4x4
uconnect raido,
Stubby antenna
ram air intake (rigged)
Dipped Rims

-Drew
post #12 of 23 Old 04-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Are you dead set on 1.5" spacers, 1.25" is really all you would need.

in 17" I wouldn't go bigger than 235/65/17

16" no bigger than 225/75/16

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #13 of 23 Old 11-24-2014, 07:00 PM

Garage
Going full retard: Stu's coil springs + RRO?

So I'm thinking about a lift for my 2013 compass. I've also been looking to for better struts to go a long with it. I haven't really found better struts though.

I have found Stu's heavy duty coil spring kit from .au and also the rocky road outfitters lift.

I really like the ideas behind what RRO does. I also like the heavy duty springs that are part of Stu's kit. I am wondering about doing the RRO kit and adding the springs from Stu's.

Any thoughts on the matter?
post #14 of 23 Old 11-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
While there is nothing stopped you from adding the RRO lift kit and STU's coils, the problem is that when lifted that high, the CV axles will be completely out of spec and at extreme angles (especially when flexing offroad).

I disconnected my front sway bar to gain a bit more articulation and after about 10000kms I had to replace my front cv axles because they were completely worn out.

Chose one or the other, RRO or STU's coil, but not both.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #15 of 23 Old 01-02-2015, 07:37 PM

HelloTyler, thanks for your input and experience modifying your Jeep.
I'm thinking of lifting my car (Jeep Compass CRD 4WD 2007) and I doubt between the RRO kit and springs from Murchison, you could tell us the advantages and disadvantages of each system in your expert opinion.

Thank you very much.
Regards from Spain.
post #16 of 23 Old 01-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I don't have experience with STU's coils, however I have the RRO kit. Nothing wrong with the RRO lift kit.

It's really personal preference, I would go with whatever option is cheaper for you.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #17 of 23 Old 01-04-2015, 08:42 PM

Thank you very much Tyler.
post #18 of 23 Old 01-14-2015, 08:49 PM

Thinking of installing the Murchinson Springs in my Compass CRD 4x4 2007 I wonder if I need to change de struts as well. They never have been changed, and now I have 115,000 km 71,457 mi
What's your experience?

Kind regards.
Regards.
post #19 of 23 Old 01-27-2015, 01:37 AM

Garage
En route: Stu's Springs + RRO adjustable controller arms

I've decided to go with Stu's springs and the RRO controller arms. I am NOT using the RRO shims, but I am using their adjustable rear control arms to adjust the camber in the rear. Springs are ordered already, RRO arms will be ordered after Jan 31 2015.

I'll do before and after pictures as well as measurements.

One question - Should I do spacers too? I'm thinking 1.25" would be more than enough.
post #20 of 23 Old 01-27-2015, 01:59 AM

Garage
Oh man, I've got a question: What's the difference between the "euro" suspension and the "touring" suspension? If you look up OEM replacement struts you've got to pick between the two and I'm not sure what the difference is.
post #21 of 23 Old 01-27-2015, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Not sure the difference in suspension. As for the spacers what size of tires are you running.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #22 of 23 Old 01-27-2015, 10:36 AM

Garage
Tyler, I've currently got 17" wheels. I'll probably keep those wheels as well as thinking about craigslisting a set of 16" 5x4.5 and putting BFG Rugged Terrain T/As in 235/75/R16. Whatcha think?
post #23 of 23 Old 01-29-2015, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
235/75/16 will be larger 225/75/16 will work, as will 235/70/16

Either of the above 2 sizes will fit great with 1.25" spacers

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in