Caliber strut bar - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 Old 08-22-2010, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Caliber strut bar

Does anybody has try to put a caliber strut bar on the compass to see if it fits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-31-2010, 09:27 PM

Garage
check part numbers for whatever brand your useing, chances are the compass and caliber ones will be the same. also the mopar brace is the same for the comp, cali, and patriot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(O[][][][]O)
post #3 of 18 Old 08-31-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
check part numbers for whatever brand your useing, chances are the compass and caliber ones will be the same. also the mopar brace is the same for the comp, cali, and patriot
Good! If the mopar one is the same for all it means that any brand will be the same to respect the bolt pattern and the distance between the two towers.

HID Trois-Rivières /
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 09-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Which strut bar were you looking at?

Mods: Black Muffler, Rallye Spoiler
Mods (Just a matter of time): Intake Nozzle Mod, Upper/Lower Grille Inserts
Mods (Still Debating): Remove Door Pillar Black Tape, Murchison 2" lift + bigger tires, Body Colored Hatch Facasia + Black Jeep badges, Rallye Body Kit
post #5 of 18 Old 09-04-2010, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
This one : http://cgi.ebay.ca/Dodge-Caliber-06-...item4cf152d719

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #6 of 18 Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 AM

I saw those, they're nice and cheap. They're very similar to the MPx Strut Bar, which have received decent reviews on some of the Calibur forums.

Here is the other one I've heard good things about - Massive Strut Bar

I'll be interested in seeing your impression of the SureWinProducts bar!

Mods: Black Muffler, Rallye Spoiler
Mods (Just a matter of time): Intake Nozzle Mod, Upper/Lower Grille Inserts
Mods (Still Debating): Remove Door Pillar Black Tape, Murchison 2" lift + bigger tires, Body Colored Hatch Facasia + Black Jeep badges, Rallye Body Kit

Last edited by shmup-o; 09-06-2010 at 04:10 AM.
post #7 of 18 Old 09-06-2010, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
For 60 bucks I think I'll give it a try.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #8 of 18 Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Administrator

I'm interested in hearing the review of this as well!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #9 of 18 Old 09-30-2010, 12:39 AM

I'm glad some one brought this up. I was to get a strut bar for my b-day, but after asking dealer if the caliber one will fit, they stated that they were different. Then I e-mailed a seller on e-bay, and they said that it wouldn't work on my Compass, either.
I'll be watching this thread, see if anyone takes the plunge 1st.

Last edited by ziason; 09-30-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: forgot a word
post #10 of 18 Old 09-30-2010, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, that's interesting. Finally I haven't bought it because I guess improving the handling on a SUV is not a good thing because you shouldn't drive it like a sport car with the danger of rollover.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #11 of 18 Old 09-30-2010, 02:14 AM

Good point.
post #12 of 18 Old 09-30-2010, 05:14 AM

Garage
The compass has a very low chance of rollover in the medium SUV class, according to an American car safety tester. Obviously its still easier to roll than a sports car, in theory. I would still get one but the Compass one is a bit pricey. Too bad, would be a lot cheaper if the Caliber one worked!

2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 2.4L, Black Pearl, CVTII.
post #13 of 18 Old 09-30-2010, 01:52 PM

I bought one for my PT Cruiser a few years ago. The response in the suspension area was amazing. Less dip in the front when turning, as in roll, and I felt the front was more planted. I also feel that it's safer for the cruiser, during panic evasive type of driving. In other words, crash avoidance.
On the other hand, the compass has the anti-roll mitigation programing, in the ESP. It just seems that the strut bar might be a good, non electricle, addition.
post #14 of 18 Old 10-01-2010, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I'am not that sure that the caliber one doesn't fit. The bolt pattern seems pretty similar.
But the handling improvement all depends if the frame is already well balanced and hard.

On my mazda3, I didn't see much difference.

@ziason, BTW really cool those 4 off road lights! Can we see more pics?

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #15 of 18 Old 10-01-2010, 02:20 AM

Garage
I read a member on Cardomain who said that after installing the strut brace the Compass's handling improved greatly. I reckon it would be more noticeable on a larger car like the Compass than on a mazda 3. IMO.

2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 2.4L, Black Pearl, CVTII.
post #16 of 18 Old 10-10-2010, 10:47 AM

Garage
patriot guys say a big improvment as well with the mopar bar

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #17 of 18 Old 11-23-2010, 11:54 AM

Has anyone tried putting a strut brace from a caliber on their compass yet? Have a guy in PA whose selling a Mopar sturt brace off a caliber srt for $200. Still in the box, only mounted for a few weeks he said.... Let me know what you guys think?
post #18 of 18 Old 11-23-2010, 01:11 PM

Garage
The caliber/compass/patriot take a different strut bar than the caliber SRT4

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in