Mopar mud guard - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Mopar mud guard

Does anybody has some mopar mud guards installed on their compass?
If you have some pics, it would be great because I'm looking forward to buy some but I don't know what it will look like.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HID Trois-Rivières /
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Are you talking about these or not? I should have more pictures on my profile if this is what your after.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mycompass6.jpg (95.5 KB, 50 views)

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
post #3 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 09:50 PM

I'd be interested to know what they cost to purchase and to install.

A girl and her Jeep - a beautiful thing

Barbara Frechette
2010 White Jeep Cherokee Sport
St. Paul, MN, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheWoll View Post
Are you talking about these or not? I should have more pictures on my profile if this is what your after.

No they are more molded to the bumper & side skirts.
Am I looking at these : http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #5 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mowgli.......look carefully at the picture from OTW..........they are the molded one that comes with the Compass.......same as the one from E-Bay........better too 'cause they have the white letter on them......

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #6 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
Mowgli.......look carefully at the picture from OTW..........they are the molded one that comes with the Compass.......same as the one from E-Bay........better too 'cause they have the white letter on them......
But I guess the mud guards of OTW are flexible? I'm looking for something more solid.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #7 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 03:22 AM

Ok, Sorry I couldn't help.

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
post #8 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 03:07 PM

I looked into splash guards last year and you are all correct. The generic Jeep guards that OffTheWoll has fit the Patriot and Liberty (maybe more models as well) and also come in white lettering or black lettering. The ebay link is to the molded Compass guards that will only fit the Compass.

When I was researching, it sounded like the molded variety looked great, but had an issue with mud/dirt/snow sticking to them. They even have a "cubby hole" where the mud/dirt/snow clumps on them. I think snow was the biggest complaint.

Just an FYI. If you are going for looks and no off-roading you should be fine.

Mods: Black Muffler, Rallye Spoiler
Mods (Just a matter of time): Intake Nozzle Mod, Upper/Lower Grille Inserts
Mods (Still Debating): Remove Door Pillar Black Tape, Murchison 2" lift + bigger tires, Body Colored Hatch Facasia + Black Jeep badges, Rallye Body Kit
post #9 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Damn! We have snow here in Quebec. So I would better to flexible ones.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #10 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 06:06 PM

Garage
I put generic rubber mud flaps on my jeep. Total cost for me was $100 including installation.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #11 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 07:05 PM

My fault, the thread I remembered was actually on Jeep Patriot.com and was in reference to the molded Jeep Patriot splash guards. I just assumed that the Compass splash guards would have the same problems.

Mods: Black Muffler, Rallye Spoiler
Mods (Just a matter of time): Intake Nozzle Mod, Upper/Lower Grille Inserts
Mods (Still Debating): Remove Door Pillar Black Tape, Murchison 2" lift + bigger tires, Body Colored Hatch Facasia + Black Jeep badges, Rallye Body Kit
post #12 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The mud guards on Ebay are for Compass only but I am sure that the ones on a Patriot are really alike.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #13 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 08:03 PM

Just throwing this into the mix. I spent $39.98 + tax on mine. I was debating on putting them on at first. But now I love them. I just put mine on myself which was a beotch! Took a good hour and some because I took off the back tires to get easy access to do drilling.

post #14 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I've just ordered the molded ones.
I'll keep you updated.

I remembered that on my mazda3, the snow always get stucked on the mud guards and you just have to clean them while it's slushy, not one week after when it's iced.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #15 of 20 Old 09-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

The joy of living in the Montreal area in winter...............It's coming soon !!!!!!

The leaves are starting to change colors..........

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #16 of 20 Old 09-24-2010, 08:47 AM

Garage
I have the moulded Mopar mud guards. I have to say I prefer the look to the white-lettered cheaper ones. They are made to look like they are part of the skirting I think, same colour and feel. They flex well so wont easily snap on a curb etc, unfortunately I went down a pretty high curb and cracked one of the rear ones slightly (1-2cm), its hardly noticable tho.

As for snow sticking to them, It does. But you can easily knock it out if it gets out of hand. IMO I'd rather have it stick to the mud guard than fly up all over the side of the Jeep.

And as for installing, the front ones you can do no probs with the tires on (turn the wheel), but the rear ones you will probably need the wheels off. I did it while I was having the wheels rotated so that saved me some effort.

2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 2.4L, Black Pearl, CVTII.
post #17 of 20 Old 09-24-2010, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lochinprc View Post
I have the moulded Mopar mud guards. I have to say I prefer the look to the white-lettered cheaper ones. They are made to look like they are part of the skirting I think, same colour and feel. They flex well so wont easily snap on a curb etc, unfortunately I went down a pretty high curb and cracked one of the rear ones slightly (1-2cm), its hardly noticable tho.

As for snow sticking to them, It does. But you can easily knock it out if it gets out of hand. IMO I'd rather have it stick to the mud guard than fly up all over the side of the Jeep.

And as for installing, the front ones you can do no probs with the tires on (turn the wheel), but the rear ones you will probably need the wheels off. I did it while I was having the wheels rotated so that saved me some effort.
Thank you for your input! I can't wait to have mine.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #18 of 20 Old 09-25-2010, 12:58 AM

Garage
I have them on mine. I'm not sure if these pics will work though.

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...php?albumid=34

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

post #19 of 20 Old 09-25-2010, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks COMPASSDL! It looks really cool! That's the same as I ordered.

What do you think about these mud guards?

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #20 of 20 Old 09-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Garage
They work fine are are not hard to install. Just make sure you get them straight in the rear or they look funny from the back.

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in