LED replacement bulbs - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 21 Old 10-09-2010, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
LED replacement bulbs

Picked these up at canadian tire, red LED brake light bulbs and blue LED license plate bulbs.

the tail light bulbs are a bit directional, they focus alot of the light directly behind and dont light up the houseing the same as the factory bulbs. for me this is ok as im going with the putco covers (painted black of course) and they hide the dim lit parts of the taillight due to the LED bulbs. i highly reccomend the license plate bulbs they give a much better look than the regular bulbs. as you can see in the pictures its not a deep blue light just a really nice clean blue touch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(O[][][][]O)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 10-09-2010, 11:00 PM

Garage
Cool! Nice look!
I've put pure white leds for my license plate lights and for my back up lights!

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #3 of 21 Old 10-10-2010, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
next weekend i think im gonna get the blue 3157 LED bulbs for my backup lights, and hope the color is the same as the license plate bulbs.

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 10-21-2010, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
added some blue LED's to my interior

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #5 of 21 Old 10-21-2010, 12:58 PM

Garage
Cool! Nice work! I want to put blue footwell leds as well!
Where did you wire them or did you put a rocker switch?

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #6 of 21 Old 10-21-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thank you Mowgli, i wired them in with the dash lights, they came with a on/off/music switch with a sensitivity dial for the music setting, only used 7 of the lights. 2 in each footwell, 1 under each seat, and one in the frontside of the center armrest, there is a plate that pops off and i mounted the light in the sunken hole. i also have a set of red led's same brand ill post pictures of my creation with those when its done.

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #7 of 21 Old 10-21-2010, 02:47 PM

Garage
What are you gonna do with the red ones?

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #8 of 21 Old 10-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Those look great Shecky, I really like the blue LED's! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the red ones!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #9 of 21 Old 10-22-2010, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thx cherokee, i was test fitting the red ones last night with a co worker. im going for a glowing red grill and lower bumper section. with the same intent as the interior ones, to have the lights hidden and just show the glow.

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #10 of 21 Old 10-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Nice idea, I've seen some cool ones done that way, some with lights in the engine bay, too!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #11 of 21 Old 11-06-2010, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
heres some dome light LED's, waiting for my rear one to arrive but its cool you can see the huge difference between the led and the original bulb

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #12 of 21 Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 PM

Shecky - I really like the led dome light! Where'd you find that?! and how'd your read light come out? Do you think the interior looks better at night with led?

i'd like to change out all of mine, but hesitate a little bit... how's it working out for you?
post #13 of 21 Old 03-13-2011, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
the dome light is from Canadian tire, tonight i finally got my second one for the rear. the interior is so much brighter with these lights, they are well worth the money

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #14 of 21 Old 03-17-2011, 11:38 PM

I'm really interested in doing this exact thing. LED dome lights and the blue footlights. I'm on the Canadian Tire website but I can't seem to find them. Did you go to the store to get them?
post #15 of 21 Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I believe the blue lights are discontinued now. And it's getting hard to find the 24 led dome light. I think it's being replaced by a 20 light version

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #16 of 21 Old 03-18-2011, 01:51 AM

Ah darn, that's a shame. You did pretty much exactly what I wanted to do to my compass.
post #17 of 21 Old 03-18-2011, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
You could do this with any type of led lights. Might be better with a led strip in each footwell. Also eBay has a bunch of different led panel lights that you could use for the domes. Don't give up lol

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #18 of 21 Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Wow those are bright, no problem seeing at night now!

- Cherokee

post #19 of 21 Old 09-18-2012, 12:59 AM

hi, how you pull out the license plate bulbs? I tried on my 2012 compass and it's very difficult.
post #20 of 21 Old 09-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

I've got ALOT of bulbs from these guys over the years. I got my interior dome bulbs from them and they are crazy bright, I will try to get some pics.

Also I haven't been able to get my lic plate bulbs out either.
post #21 of 21 Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 PM

Garage
i know this is an old topic, but i would never put those type of LED bulbs in your tail light. if you don't know what you're doing, ask for help, or don't do it at all is my creed.

you need a 360 degree pattern LED bulb. i have them in my mustang. they're from superbrightleds.com and they are just as bright as the factory bulb. in fact, my mustang is on their website with the LED bulbs and the standard bulbs side by side to show the comparason on the brightness and how they light up. here's my car (the silver mustang in the pics, looks like they lost my video in the server change):

3157 LED Bulb - Dual Intensity 45 SMD LED Tower | LED Brake Light, Turn Light and Tail Light Bulbs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in