2011 Compass Headlight Conversion - Page 5 - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #121 of 132 Old 02-18-2012, 06:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver11compass View Post
Hey Javelin, I too am looking into the white/amber turn signal. However I want to make sure I don't run into the error with the resistor. Could you identify the exact part just so I can too follow precisley please? Thanks
Are you talking about the front or rear? What is the error with the resistor? Just replace the bulbs with what you want and be done.

So the front is 7444NA and the rear is 992 (7440A)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 132 Old 02-19-2012, 04:19 PM

Garage
Well earlier in this forum javelin stated you had to get a resistor for the led turn signal otherwise the cpu would recognize it an error and it would fast blink. Right?
post #123 of 132 Old 02-20-2012, 01:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver11compass View Post
Well earlier in this forum javelin stated you had to get a resistor for the led turn signal otherwise the cpu would recognize it an error and it would fast blink. Right?
yes, that is correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 132 Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM

Garage
Why? That makes no sense. If you get the correct bulb say, you're good. I have LEDs in the license plate lights without a problem.
post #125 of 132 Old 02-20-2012, 03:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsnation View Post
Why? That makes no sense. If you get the correct bulb say, you're good. I have LEDs in the license plate lights without a problem.
that's different. if you put an LED bulb into a turn signal marker, the car will interpret the drop in voltage as a burnt out bulb. it will then say "Bulb out" or something to that effect, and will blink the turn signal at twice the speed, also known as "hyper flash." to fix this, you need to splice in resistors to the positive wire going to the bulb to simulate the load of a regular bulb. this fools the car into thinking a normal bulb is still there and operating normally. the system is not set up to monitor license plate bulbs in the same fashion as turn signal or other bulbs.
post #126 of 132 Old 02-20-2012, 05:11 PM

Garage
I wouldn't think that small of a voltage change (stock 14v and LED 12v) would make a difference but I guess I'll take your word for it
post #127 of 132 Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsnation View Post
I wouldn't think that small of a voltage change (stock 14v and LED 12v) would make a difference but I guess I'll take your word for it
it's not the voltage that the system is sensing that's dropping. sorry, that was my fault. it's the amount of power being used. an LED consumes far less electricity than a hallogen bulb. the car recognizes the gross drop in power consumption from that socket and thinks the bulb is burned out. that's why you need a resistor, to simulate the hallogen bulb on the circuit and fool the computer into thinking the bulb is still there.
post #128 of 132 Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 AM

Garage
Right, so does anyone know a link that I could get the resistor from? Or if I buy an led light will it come with it?
post #129 of 132 Old 02-21-2012, 02:18 PM

Garage
Check out LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS or Automotive LED Bulbs | LED Replacement bulbs | LED Dome Lights.

IRSmart, power consumer seems more plausible - thanks for clearing that up.
post #130 of 132 Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 PM

Garage
no problem. and silver11compass check out superbrightleds.com. that's where i get all my LEDs from. in fact, my mustang is on that site as a user picture for their tail light bulbs, both with a video and a photo.

45-LED Tower Type 3157 Bulb Specifications
post #131 of 132 Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 PM

Garage
Cool Follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
I had my eyes on those Grand HID headlights and was thinking the same...the compass would look so awesome with them HIDs.

Anyway, while I'm here, I hope you don't mind me sharing my 2011 Compass with headlights mod a bit. See the the attached pics.

Finally, does anyone know how to disable the lock feature on the Media Center DVD player? That is, you can only watch DVD while the car is parked...is there a way to disable this? Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks,
jav
Great pics javelin, I also want to add led strips under my 2011 comp head lights.
Can anyone let me know how you connected the wires?

What was your choice on what to splice to?

Thanks, pics might help
post #132 of 132 Old 12-28-2012, 05:15 AM

I want hid projectors on my 2012!! Darn Jeep shoulda came with them in the first place hahaha.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in