Spark plugs? - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeepney_driver

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 05-15-2011, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Spark plugs?

Hi!
What is the best on the Compass, NGK iridium or Denso iridium? Does a spark plug can be damaged during the shipping?

Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HID Trois-Rivières /
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-17-2011, 05:54 PM

Garage
Sparl Plugs

They say that plugs should be replaced at or near 100K miles. The original plugs that came with the car are good but not the best. AT around 40K miles, I replaced mine with Autolite Iridium plugs. The first thing I noticed was the engine ran smoother and did not have the hesitation or sort of engine "misfiring" feeling when going uphill or accelerating. It was just a smooth acceleration and power. Now that the car has almost 118k miles it might be time to change the plugs again. Plugs don't last forever and I think these plugs have served enough time in the car and needs to retire.
Attached Images
File Type: gif iridum plugs.gif (81.5 KB, 21 views)
trickten likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepney_driver View Post
They say that plugs should be replaced at or near 100K miles. The original plugs .... ................. Plugs don't last forever and I think these plugs have served enough time in the car and needs to retire.
I really dont know why buy here in Peru, all dealers (Volkswagen, Toyota, Nissan, and others) says we need to change spark plugs every 10,000kms (6250 miles). My last car used a bosh 4 electrode spark plugs, and were changes every 10,000km. Now im listeting about iridium and others saying you have more mileage to reach to a point to change the plugs.

Any idea????? (my father -a really old fashing way pal- is keep saying me to change the plugs every 10,000km)... im confused!!!

Billy (wojeda)

Jeep Compass 2008, 2.4L VVT, 4x4, CVT II

Door Sill Guards Stainless Steel
Hiway 22.5MPG (120Km/h)
City 19.4MPG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 AM

Garage
Hello,

mowgli - If you check under the hood, at least under mine, it specifies ZFR5F-11 1.1MM no adjustment needed. As far as NKG vs. Denso goes, manual says NGK...I'd go with that. And as long as they're packaged correctly before shipping, they should not dammage. They're always shipped to stores without dammage, should be fine. Maybe check with the vendor as to how they'll ship.

wojeda/jeepney_driver - The 100K miles thing is a "definitely check me by then" time frame because they will guaranteed not last past that. There's always a possibility they won't even last past that. Never hurts to check once in a while for deposits/wear and replace when necessary - just like many other car parts. If it 'aint broke, don't fix it.

2007 Jeep Compass Sport
4x4 2.4L DOHC
124,000km
post #5 of 5 Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I've already changed them with NGK iridium IX and it works fine.
Thanks!

HID Trois-Rivières /

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in