Chip performance upgrades available? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 07-26-2007, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Chip performance upgrades available?

I've been checking the sites on any viable computer chip performance suppliers for the Compass. I havent seen anything. Is there anything available that is trustworthy? In the past I have upgraded other cars with Superchips, and I was wondering if there is anything currently available.

thanks

Black Limited 4x4 , Beige Leather
CVT auto
Boston speaker upgrade (part of Limited package in Greece)
Jeep mudflaps
Chrome door sills
Rear parking sensor
K&N replacement air filter[/color]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-26-2007, 08:51 PM
ACX

Nothing that I am aware of..

Chrysler is not too helpful generally in the tuning area.

I've seen JET chips which IMO aren't great.

Superchips has a few applications but not for us.

Some chrysler dealers do "performance reflashes" to the PCM but I've never seen that on a compass / caliber / patriot.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-29-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, that is what I have found on the internet. Let's hope that there will be something soon!

Black Limited 4x4 , Beige Leather
CVT auto
Boston speaker upgrade (part of Limited package in Greece)
Jeep mudflaps
Chrome door sills
Rear parking sensor
K&N replacement air filter[/color]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-04-2007, 11:57 PM

chip?

In my opinion this 2.4 needs some real imporvement on the get up and go end. For a 2.4 L engine it is neither very good on mpg or power This world engine is sadly lacking. :!: If Chrysler (as of yesterday Daimler was bought out) wants these three vehicles, Compass, Caliber, Patriot to be better sellers than the Neon was the fuel MPG has got to go up, and the power increased! :twisted:
If a chip that was any good at all I would most likely try it.

2007 Compass Sport, 4X4 Khaki, Sunroof, 26E, Driver Convenience Group, CVT II, SIRIUS radio, Full size spare, YES seats
post #5 of 12 Old 11-29-2007, 05:24 AM

Diesel Chip

Has anyone tried this or similar?
http://www.ziptuning.nl/en/customchip/J ... 40-pk.html
:

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4 CRD
post #6 of 12 Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 PM

Garage
Floyd, what you are not telling us is that your video is NOT you off roading, but really just getting around on the Estonian national highway . . . lol, just kidding :lol: .
But seriously, are can the roads be so much better then those here in Montreal that you can use the extra performance.
For a North American's knowledge, what are the roads like over there, : I see you too have winter.
What are the speed limits, : we face 100km maximum on our best highways.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #7 of 12 Old 12-04-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe
Floyd, what you are not telling us is that your video is NOT you off roading, but really just getting around on the Estonian national highway . . . lol, just kidding :lol:
Estonian roads are quite similar, but some are with asphalt
That's why I bought Jeep, so I can follow the map in my GPS

Quote:
But seriously, are can the roads be so much better then those here in Montreal that you can use the extra performance.
No, I'm not planning to install this for two reasons:
1) manufacturer's warranty
2) I assume that the manufacturer has made his work properly and the engine has been set up for optimal perfomance, so upgrading it would take it's value from somewhere --- engine lifetime or something else, I don't know...
So I wanted to know if anyone has tried and is it worth it..

Quote:
For a North American's knowledge, what are the roads like over there, : I see you too have winter.
What are the speed limits, : we face 100km maximum on our best highways.
This is still autumn, winter comes with Xmas. But mostly it's from -5 to-10 C in winter here, couple times in every winter it goes down to -20 ... -30 C. And the same numbers with + sign in summer
Best highways have 110 km/h in summer, in other seasons there is 90 km/h speed limit.

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4 CRD
post #8 of 12 Old 12-04-2007, 04:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd
This is still autumn, winter comes with Xmas. But mostly it's from -5 to-10 C in winter here, couple times in every winter it goes down to -20 ... -30 C. And the same numbers with + sign in summer
Best highways have 110 km/h in summer, in other seasons there is 90 km/h speed limit.
So we enjoy very much similar climates.
It is -7C today, yesterday dumped 30cm of snow on Montreal. But they are predicting +2C buy Saturday. So it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd
Estonian roads are quite similar, but some are with asphalt
Great comeback! :lol:

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #9 of 12 Old 03-10-2018, 03:49 PM

Any updates to 2nd gen or later Compass' regarding chips?
post #10 of 12 Old 10-05-2018, 11:09 PM

Are there any current upgrade chips for the 2.4l in the 2018 compass?
post #11 of 12 Old 10-06-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline1 View Post
Are there any current upgrade chips for the 2.4l in the 2018 compass?
I would have started a new thread, as the latest version has different things offered.

Jet has a Stage 1 and a Stage 2 performance chip but I don't know how good they are.
There are also, as was said in the early posts, places you can go to have the computer flashed, and some of them claim pretty solid gains.

Going further down the rabbit hole, something about the latest Compass engine makes it less than desirable to put a turbo on. In non-U.S. markets, they sell turbo options with smaller vehicles. However, I don't believe those turbos are compatible with the 2.4 engine.

If you're looking for more responsiveness, you might want to look into a different transmission option. I have the 9 speed, and in the limited time I had to drive it before I left on some work business, putting in the manual mode allowed you to shift the engine to desire gear and gave it some pickup, but I'm not sure that is the way to drive it to maximize efficiency, especially with the smaller gas tank.

I'm going to start looking aggressively into some other options when I get back, and if I find better options to upgrade I will post them on here.
post #12 of 12 Old 10-20-2018, 10:07 AM

Jet Performance makes a module that claims up to 25 HP gains. Haven’t tried it yet...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in