2015 Led headlight flickering/ going off and on - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 05-02-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2015 Led headlight flickering/ going off and on

Looking to change out my stock headlamp bulbs for led. I already switched everything else to be led minus the turn signals (to many people said it causes rapid blinking) all of my interior, reverse, license plate, fog lights are led but when i went to do my headlights they flicker and blink off and on after about 2 minutes of them being on. any ideas on how to fix this? any ideas for changing the turn signals to led as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-02-2017, 04:11 PM

If you buy canbus bulbs, you won't get the rapid flashing from the turn signals.

The headlights may just need an LED decoder kit.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-03-2017, 04:40 PM

Maybe it's a problem with the bulbs themselves? Did the LED come with an adapter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 PM

You will need a relay h11 harness with resistors to get this to work correctly.. i had the same issue, it was solved very easily buying a kensun "resistor h11 relay harness".
post #5 of 8 Old 06-05-2017, 02:30 PM

Hi, do you have your DRL with LED bulbs installed right now?
post #6 of 8 Old 11-30-2018, 02:17 AM

First of all, I hope you only tried using the LED in place of the high beam bulb. The LED's scatter light differently than the factory halogen bulbs the reflectors are made for (same issue with people who put HID bulbs in place of normal driving lights with reflector housing instead of projectors). Now, if you tried replacing the High Beams with LED's (which scattering wouldnt matter because high-beams are blinding either way), you need to wire them to a relay to avoid the flickering. This is exactly what I did with my 9005 high beams in my 2015 Compass and they work phenomenal:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #7 of 8 Old 12-29-2018, 12:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddilac13 View Post
Looking to change out my stock headlamp bulbs for led. I already switched everything else to be led minus the turn signals (to many people said it causes rapid blinking) all of my interior, reverse, license plate, fog lights are led but when i went to do my headlights they flicker and blink off and on after about 2 minutes of them being on. any ideas on how to fix this? any ideas for changing the turn signals to led as well?
I have the 2017 2nd gen and I have pretty much did the whole Jeep in LED. Know we have different Jeep's kinda but this is what I used because I bought too cheap of CANBUS and got errors.

I buy from these guys exclusively now. Here is what I used and just search lasfit on eBay they have ton of different bulbs. If you are going to do tail light blinkers you are going to need resistors. They pointed me to a seller they trusted so I will pass both along to you. I got errors for my tail light because they don't have red blinker CANBUS.

CANBUS: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123474473039
Resistor(their recommendation): https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F122910818667
Tail light bulb red: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123353209141

Either way they cost more, but the quality is unmatched and the customer service is helpful and no fret.

That should do your turnsignal and the resistor will fix the flicker.

Good luck

K

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
post #8 of 8 Old 03-13-2019, 03:44 AM

Get cabus cancellers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in