Lift Kit on 2017 jeep compass - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By arudlang

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 10-07-2017, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Lift Kit on 2017 jeep compass

I was told that I couldn't lift my compass in any way shape or form- just wanna confirm if that's true
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-08-2017, 01:39 AM

Who told you that? Your mechanic? There are a few kits available out there. Rocky Road Outfitters has a 2-inch lift.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-08-2017, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

I thought so. Thx for the confirmation, I might go ask dealship tomorrow about one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-17-2017, 01:04 AM

Well it depends, 2017 is an odd year so did you get one of the last of the old generation compass or one of the new second gen redesigned compass? The old version has lift kits available, the new version not so much, at least not yet but probably not soon because they engineered it to be very difficult and expensive to lift.

Here is the bottom line: it is the year 2017 and you have a brand new 2017 vehicle, just enjoy that and leave the poor thing alone. You probably hardly never leave the pavement anyways. You are fortunate enough to have something this nice and this new, retrain your brain to quit thinking that somehow a brand new vehicle needs some kind of improvement or that you need to dump more money into it to increase it's coolness or whatever it is you think is so important. All you are going to gain is destabilizing it on the highway, hurting gas mileage and acceleration (assuming you are going for bigger tires too), wearing out parts faster than they ought to, putting your warranty at risk, etc etc and for what? You have a brand new nice SUV and it's not good enough? You think one or two inches of lift will make the slightest difference if you ever accidentally encounter some real off road conditions? Have a serious discussion with yourself, check your reality that the thing is already pretty great just the way it is, don't buy into the hype of a bunch of boneheads with old models saying "aw man now you need a lift" or this or that, save that time and money and put it towards some actual adventures and experiences. Your 2017 doesn't "need" anything, it's flippin new and ready to rock. Leave it alone and go have some fun.
Hasaf and tomsquack like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in