Air Filter - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 12-14-2007, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Air Filter

I have the 2007 2.4L with the CVT 4X4 and I am trying to replace my air filter.

I bought a WIX from the local auto parts store, but it just doesn't fit. It looks like it should, and seems identical to the Mopar one I am taking out, but once in the housing, it will not fit back together. I can't see anything binding, it just doesn't work.

I was going to just go to the dealer and get another Mopar one, but I was also considering getting a K&N.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I was thinking I might get a little better mileage with the K&N (~1%)?

Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-14-2007, 12:53 AM

I too am looking into getting the K&N filter for my jeep, and if you look in this forum I think there are photos on how to do it. I know with the k&n filter it leaves the filter exposed.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Administrator

I work in an aftermarket automotive parts store, and just for grins and giggles, I did look up the Compass to see what is available. Give me a bit, and I can get you the right part number.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Administrator

According to the Wix site, the correct part number for the air filter is 49192. Do you have the number from the one you bought? Hope this helps, and you didn't end up in a place like the twilight "Zone" where most people don't know vehicles much less parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #5 of 9 Old 12-14-2007, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the fast replies, yes that is the WIX part # I got. I got it from Piston Ring (Auto Value) so they do know what they are doing. It is the also the one the WIX site recommends, and the cross from the part # on the Mopar one.

And Dirtball, you are thinking of the whole air intake system, I am only wanting to replace the filter.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-14-2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
Thanks for the fast replies, yes that is the WIX part # I got. I got it from Piston Ring (Auto Value) so they do know what they are doing. It is the also the one the WIX site recommends, and the cross from the part # on the Mopar one.

And Dirtball, you are thinking of the whole air intake system, I am only wanting to replace the filter.
OH! ok! lol. Sorry don't know what I was thinking haha! Long day. :lol:
post #7 of 9 Old 12-15-2007, 04:27 AM
Administrator

Re: Air Filter

So, you have all of the right numbers, and it still doesn't work??? Let me know, I might can come up with something else. I can cross it on other sites.

post #8 of 9 Old 12-15-2007, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee
So, you have all of the right numbers, and it still doesn't work??? Let me know, I might can come up with something else. I can cross it on other sites.
I called the dealer today, found out there is only 1 Mopar Air Filter in Canada and it is in Toronto ($25) so I decided just to get the K&N and, with a little persuasion I was able to get the air cleaner back together and I will now see if I get any mileage improvements, but so far, with one night of driving, it is not looking good.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 03:45 AM

I just ordered the whole air intake k&n system yesterday! When It comes in I will put it on and see how well my jeep preforms. I will have the whole air intake system plus my magniflow exhaust, should have some pep!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in