LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 07-27-2018, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Question affordable kayak rack for 2016 Compass?

Hi All,
Can anyone suggest an affordable roof rack for 2 kayaks that will fit my jeep? We are only beginner weekend warriors (and not even every weekend!) so I def. don't need the 'cadillac' version. This is my first Jeep, so I am unfamiliar with their more streamline rack.
Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-27-2018, 10:22 PM

I've only seen one off-brand crossbar kit on amazon and it didn't review super well, so far people have only reported being happy with the mopar ones (which I think are made by thule?).

I'm getting pretty close to simply fabricating my own. The OEM kit is too expensive, aftermarket hasn't caught up for them yet, might as well do it ourselves. I'm way too busy to start on that any time soon though. For the moment, it is slim pickings, spreading the wallet and getting the OEM kit probably the best way to go at this time. If you have a small utility trailer you can use, could wait for better aftermarket options.

You definitely can't just toss stuff on the roof like my old SUV, you can feel the thin metal flexing under your hand when washing the roof. Its meant to have any roof cargo supported by crossbars and nothing touching the actual roof it seems.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinalynnm View Post
Can anyone suggest an affordable roof rack for 2 kayaks that will fit my jeep?
Hi @tinalynnm,

If you are looking for an affordable yet vehicle-specific roof rack for your Compass, I recommend considering this option:
Black Horse® - Replica Cross Bars at CARiD
Here is an installation instruction for the product.
There are many other roof rack systems for your Compass, yet this one is the most cost-effective vehicle-specific one.
When you install cross bars, you can mount the kayak carrier on top. Below is the link to view the kayak carriers we've got:
2016 Jeep Compass Canoe Carriers & Kayak Racks at CARiD
By ordering these products you will be able to carry your kayaks on the roof of your Compass.
Hope this helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep Compass
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|

Last edited by CARiD; 08-01-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in