LED Headlight bulbs - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2018, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

LED Headlight bulbs

Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience with LED headlights in the bi-halogen headlights of the 2nd Gen Compass.

I have the limited version so the bulbtype is not mentioned in the manual! (Which made me buy H11 first) After dismantling the cap and bulb, i found out it is HB3/9005.

So i went to AliExpress, and found these S&L gold headlight bulbs for about €20.
After 3 weeks of waiting they finally arrive and i can start installing.

Oh boy, it was a struggle! These headlights are between so much stuff its a pain to get to them from the hood. So i decided to go from the wheels. It still wasnt all that easy but i finally managed to get them in.
First i was worried these wouldnt fit in the tiny space you have but they fit in perfectly and i could still fit the cap back on.

I tried them and untill now i have had 0 issues with canbus errors or anything. (Same with the Drl lights)

I have added some pictures so you can see how they look. Im happy with them, eventhough the light image is not perfect! I think HID's would be the only thing solving that problem.

Kind regards,
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180824_010617_1535099956681.jpg (28.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 20180823_191917_1535099972126.jpg (40.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 20180823_193122_1535099982605.jpg (37.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 20180823_193157_1535100003221.jpg (31.3 KB, 42 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-26-2018, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Small update: After driving them for a while in dark roads, i noticed my beam pattern is slightly to the right. Which annoys me alot!

So i tried adjusting the lights itself but i cant get the LED's out anymore! They are so stuck, i cant turn them anymore to unlock them.

Anyone has any ideas what i can do?
post #3 of 4 Old 10-16-2018, 08:38 AM

LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) have been replacing incandescent bulbs as original equipment on new vehicles... Visit to give a try ledoutfitters.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-28-2018, 05:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vandeputte View Post
Small update: After driving them for a while in dark roads, i noticed my beam pattern is slightly to the right. Which annoys me alot!

So i tried adjusting the lights itself but i cant get the LED's out anymore! They are so stuck, i cant turn them anymore to unlock them.

Anyone has any ideas what i can do?
They go in very tight. from the top take off the cover over the lights. It is just clips that you can release with a flat head. Also, what i figured out over a couple different LED conversations you can't go cheap on these blubs they are not created equal. I exclusively use these guys: lasfit.com on both of my cars now below vvvvv

good quality stuff and customer service have returned/swapped many things without a problem. you can search there stuff on eBay.

Anyway, enough of my gushing of products I trust. After you get that cover off if your still having problems with twisting it out get a jar opener-nonslip grip can work wonders.

Does this LED unit have a fan or heat disperse tech on it? If it doesn't then you might warpped the housing from the heat of the LED... hope that is not the case

Good luck let me know how it goes!

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in