Vent Visors? - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RadRacer

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 10-04-2018, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Vent Visors?

What are our options for in-channel vent visors? I like to crack my windows when I go into work, and vent visors are the best way to do that and not worry about the rain. I'd prefer the in-channel type, as they don't leave any residue or risk damage to the exterior of the car. Anything?
Christato71 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Jeep Compass Lattitude - Billet Silver, 4x4
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel - GONE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Garage
I've emailed weathertech and they said they were working on the inchannels but didnt know when they would come out. I signed up for email notification on there site when they do so I can order a set. Other than thatn you have the Mopar stick ons and chinese stick ons on ebay and amazon
post #3 of 5 Old 10-05-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadRacer View Post
What are our options for in-channel vent visors? I like to crack my windows when I go into work, and vent visors are the best way to do that and not worry about the rain. I'd prefer the in-channel type, as they don't leave any residue or risk damage to the exterior of the car. Anything?
Same here, waiting patiently for them … I’ve had in-channel vent visors in all my vehicles I’ve owned for the past 20+ years and loved them, the only drawback is that it scratches the very top of the glass. three years ago when I purchased my Colorado, I stumbled upon an easy fix. Self-adhesive Teflon tape or PTFE tape (TEMP-R T-36 1.0” WIDE x .005-THK TEFLON ). After trial and error I found that wrapping the tape around the backside lip helps to keep it from peeling off from the window rolling up n down. you are able to see the a little of the tape from sitting inside, but its a small trade-off imo …
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vent visors.jpg (36.1 KB, 23 views)

stock 2018 Compass Sport 2wd Jazz Blue Appearance and Tech. Package

Last edited by NewCsport; 10-05-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-14-2018, 02:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84z28 View Post
I've emailed weathertech and they said they were working on the inchannels but didnt know when they would come out. I signed up for email notification on there site when they do so I can order a set. Other than thatn you have the Mopar stick ons and chinese stick ons on ebay and amazon
I contacted Weathertech back in Jan. when we got the Compass and still nothing.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-14-2018, 09:15 AM

Garage
I'm sure it takes a while to develop a product from scratch and especially with all the new vehicles that come out every year

I'm half tempted to buy the chinese stick on's, they look decent and have chrome molding to match the trim. I've read the only problem is the double sided tape they use doesnt work so I would just replace it before I installed them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-Je...:rk:3:razz:f:0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in