Rallye Front Bumper Lights in Canada - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 05-23-2008, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Rallye Front Bumper Lights in Canada

I bought my Compass yesterday and wont get it till next week. One of the accessories I wanted was the Rallye lights. Nobody knew what I was talking about and I had to show them the pic in the 2008 brochure. The parts guy found the lights (called something else) but he wasn't sure if they could be installed in Canada. There was some cryptic note about how they can't be installed on a vehicle with daytime running lights. Anyway, I made a great deal to get them and a couple of other things - assuming they can be installed.

Does anyone in Canada have experience with this at a dealer? Nobody knew if they would go on the existing light stem or one a separate switch either.

If they wont install them I would like to find an aftermarket option in Canada......or that I can get installed in Syracuse/Watertown on a weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-24-2008, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Re: Rallye Front Bumper Lights in Canada

This is the description of the lights:

http://www.justforjeeps.com/drivinglights.html

I don't get why it says they only operate with highbeams.....and do not use with daytime running lamps. The parts guy was confused about this too.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-24-2008, 07:07 AM

Can't you just wire them on a separate switch?

Likely the reason they can only be used when high beams are on is because they're intended for off-road use and will *blind* oncoming traffic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2008, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

The dealership is supposed to install them, I had it included on my contract.....if they *can*. If not, I'll get some $$$ back and then I'll be looking for some non mopar lights and I will put them on a separate switch. Unless they call me I'll find out on Wed when I go to pick it up.

Any recommendation for other brands?
post #5 of 6 Old 05-25-2008, 03:13 AM

Those lights will work, it's the vehicle-specific wiring harness that may not work. If they can't install them due to DRL's then tell them to wire them the old fashioned way, using a switch and a relay. That's how they'd do it with any other set of lights!
post #6 of 6 Old 05-25-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

I'll call them tomorrow and see what the status is. I'm picking up my Compass on Wed. Hopefully they will do it that way if the wiring harness is the issue - Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in