Hi, new 1st question about body - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 06-07-2008, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Hi, new 1st question about body

Hey, Im new here... I don't however own a compass (hence the username) but my girlfriend does and shes looking into gatting the RALLYE body kit/panels for her base model compass, (which was her original plan since the RALLYE does not come in white) I have 3 questions regarding this

1.) the rally style fog lights mounted on the bumper, the dealership says they are just for show and do not turn on, is this true?

2.) aside from the bodykit and fog lamps/brackets and wiring and badges are there any other pieces nessicery?

3.) she is also looking into 20" aftermarket wheels, the ones she has found have a FWD based offset (assuming +20 to +40) would these work depending on the exact offset number?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-07-2008, 12:48 PM

Re: Hi, new 1st question about body

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboz32
Hey, Im new here... I don't however own a compass (hence the username) but my girlfriend does and shes looking into gatting the RALLYE body kit/panels for her base model compass, (which was her original plan since the RALLYE does not come in white) I have 3 questions regarding this

1.) the rally style fog lights mounted on the bumper, the dealership says they are just for show and do not turn on, is this true?

2.) aside from the bodykit and fog lamps/brackets and wiring and badges are there any other pieces nessicery?

3.) she is also looking into 20" aftermarket wheels, the ones she has found have a FWD based offset (assuming +20 to +40) would these work depending on the exact offset number?
the lights only work with the high beams on

u need the roof spoiler and 18" wheels also

as long as the offset is ok they should fit fine
post #3 of 10 Old 06-09-2008, 01:42 AM

Hey, I have a base Jeep Compass as well and recently bought the bumper mounted fog lights for the jeep compass and I proceeded to install them myself. When it came to welding the last wire, I could not do this. So I took it to the dealership and had them finish installing them and now mine can turn on when I have my normal lights on, I do not need to have my high beams on to turn them on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-09-2008, 12:41 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorav
Hey, the bumper mounted fog lights for the jeep compass and the dealership finish installing them and now mine can turn on when I have my normal lights on, I do not need to have my high beams on to turn them on.
Fog lights and Rally driving lights are not the same thing.

Fog lights are ment to be used in addition to regular head lights, when it is foggy high beams make it more difficult to see. The fog lights are short distal, with a wide dispersed beam, aimed below the head lights, not a long distance beam, using them with highbeams would be useless.

Rally driving lights on the other hand are to give more light and let you see farther, (for off road use especially) and are to be used in addition to the high beams, not with out them, as they are set for distance and will blind oncoming traffic.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #5 of 10 Old 10-22-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe View Post
Fog lights and Rally driving lights are not the same thing.

Fog lights are ment to be used in addition to regular head lights, when it is foggy high beams make it more difficult to see. The fog lights are short distal, with a wide dispersed beam, aimed below the head lights, not a long distance beam, using them with highbeams would be useless.

Rally driving lights on the other hand are to give more light and let you see farther, (for off road use especially) and are to be used in addition to the high beams, not with out them, as they are set for distance and will blind oncoming traffic.
hes right, only use the fog lights with headlights
post #6 of 10 Old 10-22-2009, 04:31 PM

Tz32, if you go to Tire Rack you can look at 20's for her Compass. I had an 08 Caliber SRT4 that I bought wheels for then decided to sell it after they shipped. Luckly for me, the CSRT4 and the Compass/Patriot have the same tire size, bolt patter, off set and back spacing. I ended up with the MSW Type 12's with 245/35ZR20's (Dunlop Sport Sigs All Seasons) shipped over to Germany for about $1400.... She could have a set of 20's for right around a grand depending on what you want to spend...
post #7 of 10 Old 10-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

I doubt it..........he hasn't been posting in here since 17 months ago..............

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-24-2009, 02:50 AM

Well he probably wont read it but it also has the chrome exhaust tip. Woah big feature!!

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #9 of 10 Old 11-11-2009, 11:45 AM

Hey i do not know the answer of your question but if i know i will post here
post #10 of 10 Old 11-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

hummmmmmmmm

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in