Floor mats???? - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CARiD

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Floor mats????

OK, I'm sure there are some posts already, but I didn't see any in my run through. What floor mats does everyone have? Rubber or Carpet? If rubber, are they easy to keep clean (do you have to scrub to get dried dirt off?) What brand? Where did you get them? Do they fit well? Pictures? Can I ask a few more questions? I think so? Ok....I'll quit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2008, 10:46 PM

Re: Floor mats????

We have the carpted mats. Tne only issue that we have with them is in the winter when they get covered in ice

2007 Jeep Compass North Ed. Jeep Green
Manual 5 speed, 2.4L 16val 4x2
Boston Sound w Sirius Sat Radio
Old 07-20-2008, 03:52 AM

We have the carpeted mats and like them very much. In the winter we put in custom WeatherTech mats and think they're great.
http://www.weathertech.com/Default.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 05:19 PM

Jeep carpet mats are great! $72 minus my employee discount. Excellent quality and perfect fit.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:00 PM

Dealer summer carpet mats with the JEEP logo.
With the $50 coupon I received for a small complaint streight to Chrysler, I purchased the OVER priced $75 winter slush mats.

2008 Compass North WITH the 2.0 & C.V.T.
Light Khaki
Old 04-13-2018, 01:32 AM

I bought some Rugged Ridge mats. They (much like Weather Tech) are a tray design. They fit well and lie flat. 80.00 for the front pair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rugged_ridge_all_terrain_floor_mats_4935_black_hero.jpg (59.6 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Kenny Stinson; 04-13-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:42 AM

I bought the Weather Tech style MOPAR mats for my Compass. They work great.

2018 Jeep Compass Limited
4x4, Rhino Exterior with Black Interior
Old 04-13-2018, 02:08 PM

Garage
I've got the Jeep All Weather mats which are rubber on one side and carpet on the other side. But, I bought WeatherTech...because they are awesome. I may switch to the carpet ones in the summer...

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk - Black
Old 04-16-2018, 06:38 PM

I have these Jeep/Mopar ones and for the money they are terrific: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZXR6RMZ/

They are not so much rubber as a rubbery plastic, but they fit perfect (locks right into stock floor mat pins) and look sharp, go with the theme and styling of the jeep, and have nice deep dish edges that have kept snow from my boots under control very well all winter long.

Haven't tried cleaning them yet, dirt seems to stick to them pretty good but I doubt its anything my pressure washer can't blast away. They are a tad thinner than you might expect but very tough, again not as rubbery as you would think either definitely a rubber-ish plastic of some sort but for the price I am very happy with them.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
I have these Jeep/Mopar ones and for the money they are terrific: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZXR6RMZ/

They are not so much rubber as a rubbery plastic, but they fit perfect (locks right into stock floor mat pins) and look sharp, go with the theme and styling of the jeep, and have nice deep dish edges that have kept snow from my boots under control very well all winter long.

Haven't tried cleaning them yet, dirt seems to stick to them pretty good but I doubt its anything my pressure washer can't blast away. They are a tad thinner than you might expect but very tough, again not as rubbery as you would think either definitely a rubber-ish plastic of some sort but for the price I am very happy with them.
Wow...those are really nice, and much cheaper than the WeatherTech. I really wish I went that route. I never even knew those were out there...

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk - Black
Old 04-16-2018, 09:08 PM

I went for Huskie's front and back. I had gotten Weathertech's previously and they cupped too low and in the rears didn't go nearly as far under the front seats. Considering the material, I don't think they will be easy to clean. After the first winters my Weathertechs were almost impossible to get "clean" without hard work I am not willing to extend on floor mats. I just want them for a specific job and that is keep as much dirt, sludge, salt, and water off my floors as possible. The Huskies did a fantastic job over the winter with that, only a very minor spill over of some grime in the back left corner of the drivers side, same spot I had an issue with on weathertechs in the past but that spot got drenched and tons of stuff collected there. It also doesn't use the two anchor points but tons of small nubbs underneath that catch the carpet making it much more table and less likely to float.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjroman2 View Post
Wow...those are really nice, and much cheaper than the WeatherTech. I really wish I went that route. I never even knew those were out there...
One thing I should warn people about those. My first set of Weathertech's were for a Ford Fusion '13 (new body). They used the anchor points through the mat like those do (my Focus ones used these weird velcor clasps that you attach to the anchors and the mats velcro'ed to them. Those uncovered anchor points are going to let tons of water and stuff collect there and into the carpet just around them. If you ever pull out the mats the rest of the carpet will look great but those anchor points will look disgusting.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel
Those uncovered anchor points are going to let tons of water and stuff collect there and into the carpet just around them. If you ever pull out the mats the rest of the carpet will look great but those anchor points will look disgusting.
That is a good point. With the Mopar ones it does at least have enough of a raised edge to not guide water towards those holes or anything but any direct wet shoes on top of them is a potential leak point. I will say those floor studs snapped very positively into the mats so I think the fitment is tight there but still not likely 100% water proof. Tell you what, maybe in the next couple days here I will fire up the camera and yank the driver's mat and see how we did all winter. I have not pulled them out since installation in the fall.

My other thought on this is that thanks to the large flat area they put on the mats around these holes it would be easy to put something over those holes; a sticker or carefully cut piece of tape, or maybe a 3D printed disk with an edge that fits the outer part of the ring. Hmmmm. I love solving problems that are barely real problems so stay tuned!
Old 04-17-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
That is a good point. With the Mopar ones it does at least have enough of a raised edge to not guide water towards those holes or anything but any direct wet shoes on top of them is a potential leak point. I will say those floor studs snapped very positively into the mats so I think the fitment is tight there but still not likely 100% water proof. Tell you what, maybe in the next couple days here I will fire up the camera and yank the driver's mat and see how we did all winter. I have not pulled them out since installation in the fall.

My other thought on this is that thanks to the large flat area they put on the mats around these holes it would be easy to put something over those holes; a sticker or carefully cut piece of tape, or maybe a 3D printed disk with an edge that fits the outer part of the ring. Hmmmm. I love solving problems that are barely real problems so stay tuned!
Yeah anything that caps off those anchor points would be a great idea. I mean in a perfect world anything snapping into those would act as a gasket and seal it from water traveling down. On my Fusion the weathertech's were almost dangerously tight. Any time I tried to pull up the mats It seemed like the whole carpet was going to come with it and I had to hold it down to yank it out. But even then water and junk was able to make it down it. I was watching a guy review weathertechs, huskie, and and another mat company when I decided to try the Huskie's for my Compass. He had a work truck and that one the mats he was using had an uncovered anchor points and man did the carpet around the anchor points look terrible. I'll check and see if I can find that video again.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:58 PM

Hi everyone,
Decided to step in and show you some other floor liner options we carry. Of course, we are an official dealer of WeatherTech and Husky liners that were mentioned in this thread before. Yet, there are some other floor mat options available for the Compass. Below is the link to view the whole selection of the 2018 Compass mats:
2018 Jeep Compass floor mats at CARiD
As long as you do not need the mats with the raised edges, you may be interested in the Lloyd rubber or carpet mats. They are custom tailored for every specific vehicle application and ususally provide better coverage, than OE ones.
Just another floor mat option for you to consider.
arudlang likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep Compass
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
Old 05-24-2018, 12:49 AM

I’ve got the laser measured floor liners from weather tech. They’ve got the lip around the edges so it catches all the snow melting in the winter and mud in the summer. They’ve been installed for almost 3 yrs and still in great condition. Pull them out hose them off and your good to go! Under $200 for both rows.

https://www.weathertech.com/floorliner-digitalfit/
Old 05-24-2018, 03:28 PM

Here is my driver's side just after pulling the mopar mats for the first ever cleaning. I installed the mats in the fall so this is after an entire Minnesota winter of daily driving. Some crud does make it through the anchor points but not horrible overall, a lot of that is just stuff that fell from working the mat loose:

This was the condition of the driver's mat:

Pretty happy to have trapped 99% of that crap in the mat tray!

On the passenger side much less crud, only about once a week do I have anyone riding with me over there:

A few blasts with the electric pressure washer and they are all as good as new:

Overall for around $100 I am very pleased with these mats, they look sharp and purposeful in my buggy without detracting from the more upscale trim of the Limited, and they do their job well considering the amount of mud and snow I track in all winder long (parked outside all winter, no room in the garage).

The whole interior of the jeep holds up really well, I used it like a work truck the past couple weeks then cleaned the insides and without too much effort it looks good as new again. Now if the pollen outside would quit coating it greenish yellow every day...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in