New Head Unit - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

New Head Unit

Hey do you guys think that a double din head unit like this one

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DPX3...3.html?tp=5684

would fit and look good in the compass?

I wanna keep the stock unit but I dont think I can with my subs.(which I really want bumpin)

Any thoughts??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-18-2009, 04:09 AM

Garage
That's a sweet head unit. I'd put one in my jeep if I had one. Do you have the steering wheel controls? If you want to keep them the guys I deal with said they can get a module so they work with other head units. Makes me want to move on my subs and get them installed. Too much work and not enough jeeping make me sad

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #3 of 19 Old 06-18-2009, 04:12 AM

Garage
I just did the fit guide on that site and it says the unit fits in place of the stock one

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 06-18-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

sweet! good to know.. I talked to a guy that installs systems. He said that I would be able to use my stock cd player with my subs, so I plan on doing that. I like my head unit and didnt wanna get rid of it.

As far as the subs go I just built my own box that fits the the spare tire wheel well. I got two twelves to fit. So now all I have to do is run my wires and get it hooked in to the head unit. Im pretty excited to get bumpin again cause its been awhile.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #5 of 19 Old 06-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Sweet unit..............not sure about the steering wheel control .....

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #6 of 19 Old 06-18-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

I dont have steering wheel control anyway so I dont have to worry about it.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #7 of 19 Old 06-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

So go for It..........and you know the rule...........PICS baby we want pics..........

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #8 of 19 Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Im gonna be going on vacation next week so it will have to wait till I get back, that is if im not broke.

I still haven't had a chance to put any pictures of the rallye up yet, but I promise I will after I get back from vacation.

My birthday is the week after I get back so maybe with a little birthday money I can buy the wire harness.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #9 of 19 Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 PM

Garage
Where do they get the signal for the amp from on the stock head units? I would be interested in finding this out for my own jeep.

post #10 of 19 Old 06-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Where to Eric???

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #11 of 19 Old 06-22-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Ill have to look into where the signal comes from or ask when I get it installed.. Headed to florida for a week with the girlfriend.. finally get a chance to kick back and relax!!

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #12 of 19 Old 06-22-2009, 07:20 PM

Garage
Have fun in Florida. So far my vacation has been filled with, can you install these lights? This screen door? Fix this window? I can't wait to get back to work to relax

post #13 of 19 Old 06-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Eric.........have a great time in Fla...........
Smokey..........I know the feeling.............it's call the To Do List..........Do this, do that ........It will pass just like gas.........

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #14 of 19 Old 06-26-2009, 09:19 PM

Gents,
I just got back from my local Best Buy to buy a Double Din in dash DVD / Nav unit and i was told that my 2007 compass is not Double Din that it is actually 1 3/4, so with my current dash kit it will not fit. Can anyone confirm this ??
I have seen double din NAV dash kits for sale on ebay and such for 2008-2009 but nothing for 2007. I know the 08 - 09 center console is cosmetically different, but the shape and size seems the same. From what i can tell its just the air vents that are different
( square 07 : round 09 ).

07 Compass Limited
Jeep Green Metallic Clear Coat
Continuously Variable Transaxle II
Customer Preferred Package 26F
post #15 of 19 Old 06-26-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I was looking into it and the double wont fit.. You would have to get a new dash bezel to make it fit. It takes some customazation.

You would need this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...QQcmdZViewItem

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

Last edited by eze07projectmayhem; 06-26-2009 at 10:13 PM.
post #16 of 19 Old 06-27-2009, 12:41 AM

Garage
Interesting. I had just measured my stock unit, as best I could on a curved surface, and found the size is a little small. Standard double din units are 4"X7" and mine is actually 3 1/2" X 8".

post #17 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 02:16 AM

That's a nice look!
post #18 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 03:12 AM

Garage
Hey Eric, did you get your new head unit installed or is it still in the works?

post #19 of 19 Old 07-14-2009, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

I actually decided to keep my stock head unit cause I learned that I can use it with my subs as long as I have another harness that gets wired in. I plan on getting it done in the next couple weeks. My birthday is next week and I kinda hoping on getting some birthday cash to help me pay for it. I took some pictures of the sub box that I built I just havent got a chance to put them up on the site.. maybe I can try and do that tonight if I get a chance.

Thanks for asking tho.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in