Ipod Interface - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Ipod Interface

2009 Jeep Compass Sport.

Is there any way I can install the Ipod interface without having to drop the $200+ on the Uconnect system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Garage
Mopar EASy

or pony up and get the u-connect system, which is worth every penny. other than that, replacing the radio as a whole would be just as expensive. i got a radio from walmart for $140 that has bluetooth built in, an ipod cable, and it's also an HD radio. either way, you're spending 3 figures.
post #3 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 02:30 PM

That "Mopar Easy" is a FM modulator and you're doing everyting still via the IPod. No difference from using a cheap lighter socket modutor with tray holding it. They give you very little info on the site and it appear to be an antenna input modulator (a cable injecting directly into the antenna input with the antenna plugging into it). It cleaner sound since many external modulator are not powerfully enough and you get hissing.

There is no other advantage. Using the built in AUX in 3.5 phone jack will get you better sound and the same functionality. Its their in their base RES radio that I have and others. You're better of getting after market unit compatible with the vehicle and IPod, IPhone etc compatible many of the new IPhones won't work with the factory radios with new Apple IOS. Aftermarket is best and they'll usually have firmware upgrades for the radios they make. Jeep doesn't and you'll have to pay to get it flashed even if they do.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Garage
the old 6 disc cd changers do not have the auxiliary headphone jack in the front of the radio. that was the weird thing, when you upgraded your radio, you lost that feature. but yes, the one i posted is only FM modulated. my vote is either aftermarket or get the u-connect. aftermarket will be cheaper, but you'll thank me if you get the u-connect.
post #5 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies! I'm looking at getting an aftermarket radio to replace the current one. I like the sound my RES has, especially the bass that the stock system currently gives. So I'm hoping to find one under $200 that will sound a little better, with all of the connectivity options.

Thanks!
post #6 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Garage
this is the one that i have had in 2 of my cars. it comes with an ipod cable that plugs right in to the front of the radio. its an HD radio, is compatible with USB flash drives with MP3s on them, and has bluetooth built right in with bluetooth streaming audio as well. IIRC, it was about $140 at walmart.

XHD7714 - CD/MP3/WMA/USB/iPod/HD Radio/Bluetooth Receiver with iTunes Tagging
post #7 of 13 Old 12-10-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

Anybody have any experience with the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT? Found one on ebay thats being sold in my city, and they said I could have it for $250. It was on display at a local radio shop.
post #8 of 13 Old 12-11-2011, 02:53 PM

The way that deck reads it requires a Power Amp as well which adds to the cost as well as the complexity of the installation.

RE the RES stereo has good sound and bass. Its unbelievely bad that the MP3 CD don't read ID3 tags even though the manual says it does. Portable MP3 player 10 years ago did as well and any other device but the RES will not meaning if you burn an MP3 CD as I have several you'll see only Track 1...Track 99..Track 201 on the display with no clue of what is what. Folders aren't displayed nor supports. This was a real shocker that anyone in this day and age would omit tag displaying in this day and age of technology. They'll never catch again on that point if I buy another vehicle. I'll test it in advance.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-11-2011, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
The way that deck reads it requires a Power Amp as well which adds to the cost as well as the complexity of the installation.

Do you mean that about the Pioneer one I mentioned?
post #10 of 13 Old 12-11-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdominique1414 View Post
Do you mean that about the Pioneer one I mentioned?
Not you I don't believe but for clarity this one --> XHD7714 - CD/MP3/WMA/USB/iPod/HD Radio/Bluetooth Receiver with iTunes Tagging

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #11 of 13 Old 12-12-2011, 10:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
can you elaborate on this? i installed this radio in my neon, then removed it and put it in my cavalier. simple and common installation, i'm not sure what you mean that it requires a power amp
post #12 of 13 Old 12-12-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
can you elaborate on this? i installed this radio in my neon, then removed it and put it in my cavalier. simple and common installation, i'm not sure what you mean that it requires a power amp
Well if you look at XHD7714 referred to (link above) it has pre amp outs but knowhere does it indicate 4 channel @50 watts per channel or equivalent. No channels like front or back. Therefore it much drive a power amp to power the speakers. I don't know what make it is but this is not a Pionier deck from what I see.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #13 of 13 Old 12-13-2011, 05:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Well if you look at XHD7714 referred to (link above) it has pre amp outs but knowhere does it indicate 4 channel @50 watts per channel or equivalent. No channels like front or back. Therefore it much drive a power amp to power the speakers. I don't know what make it is but this is not a Pionier deck from what I see.
it does have them, i have it installed in my cavalier currently. it has a 4 channel output in the rear, along with the 2 pre-amp outputs (which i'm not using). it has a standard radio wiring setup.

now, to get it to play nice in a cavalier, that's another story

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in