Boston acoustics SPECS - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 02-11-2012, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Boston acoustics SPECS

Hello, I have the 9 speaker system in my compass 2010, i really need to know the specs of those speakers because they are not loud enough for me therefore I want to upgrade them therefore I dont want to put the same quality speakers, I want more powerfull speakers! I need to know the watts, RMS... Ohms... all those specs & more...

I called chrysler Canada, boston acoustics... still didnt find an answer... I am still in contact with the boston acoustics guys that are trying to figure that one out! so please if you have that kind of info let us know!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Garage
it's not the speaker that makes the system loud, it's the amplifier. you'll need to upgrade both if you want a loud system. upgrading the speakers will only make it sound better, but it won't be any louder.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-11-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yah i understand that but I want to start with the speakers... then go for an amp cuz buying the amp will be the hardest if you dont wanna buy all those extra accessories that are 100$ a piece for bluetooth.. sirius... i just wanna know the specs of the front speakers at least but nobody has them unfortunatly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-12-2012, 01:12 PM

Garage
hi,
check crutchfield.com, there is a tool that checks for fitment.
regards,

Billy (wojeda)

Jeep Compass 2008, 2.4L VVT, 4x4, CVT II

Door Sill Guards Stainless Steel
Hiway 22.5MPG (120Km/h)
City 19.4MPG
post #5 of 8 Old 03-15-2012, 10:34 PM

all kinds of fail in this thread lol
post #6 of 8 Old 03-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
all kinds of fail in this thread lol
What kind of fail are ya talking about lol? I agree on going with an aftermarket amp and possibly a speaker upgrade and Crutchfield would be the best source of info on that!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #7 of 8 Old 03-19-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
What kind of fail are ya talking about lol? I agree on going with an aftermarket amp and possibly a speaker upgrade and Crutchfield would be the best source of info on that!

- Cherokee
all of it. Speakers OHM load and the Power output of the channels will determine the "loudness" of the speaker. since its a 12v system not many "systems" will be louder than the other when just replacing the factory speakers or radio. Youll need a Headunit with a low voltage preouts to a 4-5 channel amplifier depending on the amount of speakers you want to use. a 9 speaker system more than likely has Amps on each speaker and will probably differ by location of the speaker. Since they are 6.5"s i beliebe id say 40watts per speaker... the entire systems is 368 watts divided by the 9 speakers. being one is a sub id say 35watts each (which is common in cars) and the sub is probably 88watts which is pretty weak. But for a factory system thats not bad at all.

Youll need to replace the wiring, speakers, amps, and headunit to achieve the sound stage youre looking for.

Credentails:
Circuit City Road Shop Manager for 3 years MECP certified. (back when CC was around)

Last edited by RobertM; 03-19-2012 at 04:03 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-01-2012, 04:48 AM

when buying speakers companies are guilty of misleading the consumer...most advertise peak wattage...this is not the true power of a speaker!! look for RMS wattage...if the packaging of a speaker only shows peak wattage or peak power or only shows just a wattage number then you can take roughly 70% of that number to be your true wattage...also...look for the SPL rating of a speaker...this is a speakers sensitivity rating...if a speaker says 88 dB at 1 watt....or 98 dB at 1 watt or what ever number at 1 watt..the higher the number the more sensitive the speaker is...in other words a speaker with a rating of 98 dB at 1 watt will be louder then a speaker that has a SPL rating of 88 dB at 1 watt..thats 2 speakers of the same wattage but 1 with a higher SPL rating..this is a good reason to stick to one brand of speaker in a set up..different speakers have different SPL ratings....so look for high SPL ratings as well as RMS wattage for the best overall speaker...if you want a little reason behide RMS wattage and Peak Wattage...music has ups and downs, it is never constant at one volume..i.e. a big drum roll or build up in a song....music has peaks and vallys...so a speaker with a RMS wattage of say 50 watts has to be able to handle some peak wattages...so that same speaker would have a peak wattage of around 70 watts...the company lie would come because most companies will advertise that speaker at 70 watts, when really it is 50 watts...makes you think your getting more then you really are...anyway..that said most reputable speaker companies now advertise in RMS wattage...hope this helps

Last edited by boil359; 05-01-2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: added thought

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in