NoFuse light and blown speakers in Bulgaria - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 09-26-2009, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

NoFuse light and blown speakers in Bulgaria

I have a 2007 Compass in Bulgaria with 23,000 miles (originally purchased in Wisconsin).

3 of 4 factory speakers have blown (I don't crank the volume ever). And, when driving over bumpy road, my stereo momentarily conks out.

In addition, I often get a noFuse light and lose interior lighting and stereo momentarily.

Doesn't seem right for a newish car! I had the fuses checked. Should I change them out anyway. As I'm in Bulgaria, not sure the local Jeep dealership will help me, as I think I've voided my warranty by taking the vehicle overseas.

Also, last but not least, is it normal for the car to make a rapid clicking noise after I park. I noticed this when I get out of the car, it clicks for a good 5 minutes after shutoff.

Thoughts, comments? Anyone else have these type issues? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-26-2009, 09:30 PM

I'm not sure about the stereo and speakers. I would try changing the fuses anyhow, it cant hurt. As for the clicking noise it is most likely just the exhaust pipes cooling. They will make a clicking/popping type noise as the metal cools.

Steel blue metallic
'08 Compass Sport
2WD, PW/PL
As of 2/25/11 have almost 50,000 miles and no major problems to date.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 02:34 AM

Sounds like an electrical short(s) to me that could account for all of the problems. Has your engine ever been really wet? Maybe in the shipping from the U.S.?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 02:57 AM

Check the ground wire from the neg battery terminal. If that is loose, corroded or shorted at all, that can cause that to happen. I had a similar problem in my old Cherokee. I kept changing fuses and relays for 6 months until I wiggled the ground wire and found it was corroded. I cleaned it, re-terminated it and never had any problems with it again.

Man was indeed meant to fly...but only in one direction!
post #5 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going out to check the battery connections. Will report back.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 11:43 AM

Garage
And welcome to JC Forum, sort out these troubles and you are sure to be very happy with the ride.
It is so nice to get a new member from eastern Europe with a Jeep Compass.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #7 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

I2 said :
Quote:
It is so nice to get a new member from eastern Europe with a Jeep Compass.
Indeed it's nice and soooooooooooooooooo rare too !!!!

Welcome and enjoy!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #8 of 10 Old 09-27-2009, 11:51 PM

Garage
What's this? A real member from overseas? Hopefully you stick around, it would prove interesting to see what things are like over there.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #9 of 10 Old 11-15-2009, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

hey thanks for the words, i haven't had time to post, bulgaria is an excellent place to have a compass, rugged country and expensive gas = good fit for this car.

unfortunately, i have 3 out of 4 speakers blown, and radio will go out completely at random (noFuse). i've checked/replaced the fuses, and am at a loss. i'm one of those guys that never cranks music too loud. i just think there is something shoddy with the speakers (which i can live with, they are the cheapo ones), but the radio shouldn't crap out.

puzzled in sofia...
post #10 of 10 Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 PM

Well my guess would be that your speakers arent blown at all and that the problem is in the head unit itself. That wold be the first place that I would check.

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in