This is how i did it.
1. i removed the plastic cover off of the inside of the tailgate
2. saw 2 screws inside of the tailgate holding the handle up on the other side of the gate. un-did them.
3. drilled a small hole on the part you just unscrewed, its plastic very easy to do. you drill a hole just large enough for the cable.
4. ran the cable though the rubber housing that connects the tailgate to the car's frame. I had to use a coat hanger and made a hook at the end of it to push the wires though.
5. My memory is foggy here, i remember running them down some how to the bottom of the car. im sure you can figure it out.
6. i ran the cable from the back to the front of the car and hid the cable were the carpet meets the plastic door cover on the floor. I just pushed the cable in between there.
7. ran the cable inside the dash from the driver side to the center of the dash.
hope that helps.. its alot of work hope you are ready
18 Redline Pearl w/Two–Tone Paint Compass Latitude 2.4L, 4x4, Auto Mods/Addons:
Eonon GA2168K Android 10.1" Screen Double Din Car Multimedia Center
11 Mineral Gray Metallic Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Auto
08 Red Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Manual