No sound!! Help - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Exclamation No sound!! Help

hey guys, i have an 07 compass with the boston upgraded sounds. I am wanting to keep my hand controls so i got the axxess steering wheel kit along with the XSVI-6502-NAV wiring harness. so i decided i would try it with out the steeing wheel controls first because im lost on what wires to cut, but anyways i turned on my ignition and my deck powered on and opened up but the problem is there is no sound!! I have checked all the wires in the back to makes sure there wired right as far as i can see looks good! Can some one please help with why its happening and if any one knows when wires i need to connect to steering wheel modulator too??

jensen vm9312
Xsvi-6502-nav
aswc "axxess steering wheel conrol"

Last edited by 2.4VVT; 05-12-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-13-2013, 04:15 AM

Garage
How about the manual control on the radio itself. Do they still work or no more?
post #3 of 8 Old 05-13-2013, 01:13 PM

Garage
sorry, a problem like this could be caused by any of a hundred different things. you're best taking it to a professional to have it looked at, it sounds like you hooked something up incorrectly, and (no offense) do not have the electrical skills to complete the job correctly.

also, with the new canbus system these cars have, i would not think that you will be able to keep the steering wheel controls with an aftermarket radio. the steering wheel controls do not have physical wires that go to the radio, they simply tap into the car's communications system. so there are no wires to cut to keep those functional. but my original recommendation stands, take it to a professional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-13-2013, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
ya they should, but that why im so lost cause it coming up on the deck with volume numbers, but where's the volume lol also i don't have the hand module connected yet. if u have any ideas im willing to try!!
post #5 of 8 Old 05-13-2013, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
no offence taken bud! but there is no bad connections its soldered , heat shrink is on i think is has something to do with the boston acoustics i dont think the amp switch it turning on, if u have any more sugestion i would love to here em cause if i cant get it today ill take it in but that takes the fun out of it!!
post #6 of 8 Old 05-13-2013, 08:29 PM

Did you call Axxess the kit OEM for support. That ought to be the first course of action. IMO Otherwise its all guess work.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4VVT View Post
no offence taken bud! but there is no bad connections its soldered , heat shrink is on i think is has something to do with the boston acoustics i dont think the amp switch it turning on, if u have any more sugestion i would love to here em cause if i cant get it today ill take it in but that takes the fun out of it!!
by bad connection i didn't mean that you have a loose connection, i meant that you either hooked something up incorrectly, or didn't connect something you were supposed to.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 AM

you cna check the fuss and the two speaker cables . maybe there is a loss connection

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in