Jeep compass '08 audio upgrade - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 04-07-2014, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Jeep compass '08 audio upgrade

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. Since a few months I have a Jeep Compass '08. I love my car very much. The only thing that disturbs me is the Audio System. I would love to have an Audio System with USB Connection, since I have all of my music on a USB Stick. I don't need a Navigation system since I have this extra in my car.
Since I live in Germany I don't know if I need something special. So here are my questions.

1. What kind of Radio or Audio system would be working with my jeep?
2. What kind of Adapter would I also need so I can still use my steering wheel Remote control?
3. Where can I get it??

thank you very much..

Docfraiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 PM

These radios are not like the olden days where you connect to 12V, GND and speaker channels etc. They're on some computer data buss (why I don't know) but you'll most likely need some module costing almost as much as a head unit. Mine has a 3.5mm MP3 audio input for a play but of course not control for songs and selection via the existing head. Chrysler is way behing the times with this. They have a so so upgrade solution if you pay the outrages price they think its work. Its not worth it and it pretty poor solution as well. You can check with an car radio install shop which sells units for what is needed to be compatible. Best bet in my opinion. If you blow something in that data buss you'll Cry Cry Cry... no amount of beer will make it go away. LOL

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Its actually very simple to do, and not very much money.

Do you have the factory system (4 speakers no boston acoustics).

If so then the next question you will need to answer is whether or not you want sindge DIN or double DIN, the factory radio is basically a 1.5 DIN.

Here is a kit if you want just the standard size cd headunit
Factory Radio Canbus Replacement Single DIN Installation Complete Dash Kit | eBay
Now to retain your steering wheel controls I never did that however, there are kits for them but i'm not sure how difficult they are to install (most likely just some extra wiring).
PACģ - Steering Wheel Control Interface

Picture of my 2008 patriot single din Sony headunit (with usb)

Please let me know if you need any help or have any more questions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I should also add, in my 2012 Compass with the Nav and Boston Acoustics stereo I was able to add an aftermarket subwoofer and amp with no adaptors, you can add things you just have to know what you are doing.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in