Uconnect has disappeared - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 10-19-2014, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Uconnect has disappeared

I have a 2014 Compass with the Uconnect equipped radio. All was working well until last week when I went to use my phone in the car. It's as if the radio forgot it was a Bluetooth equipped system. Even the menu options are gone. I'm now seeing options in setup for a DVD player??

I bought this Compass from a dealer who said it was a used Chrysler fleet vehicle that was used for the execs in Detroit. It's one of their certified used vehicles. Is Uconnect subscription based or could I have a firmware issue with the radio? Can I fix this myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-19-2014, 05:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePStrings View Post
I have a 2014 Compass with the Uconnect equipped radio. All was working well until last week when I went to use my phone in the car. It's as if the radio forgot it was a Bluetooth equipped system. Even the menu options are gone. I'm now seeing options in setup for a DVD player??

I bought this Compass from a dealer who said it was a used Chrysler fleet vehicle that was used for the execs in Detroit. It's one of their certified used vehicles. Is Uconnect subscription based or could I have a firmware issue with the radio? Can I fix this myself?
Before anything u should open ur fuse box and remove and replug the fuse that controls ur uconnect setup I had a similar problem with mine and it rest it and now it works just fine
post #3 of 5 Old 10-19-2014, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just scoured the owners manual but see no reference to a uconnect fuse. Found radio, amps, and something called wireless. Pulled all 3 but nothing. Any idea where this fuse might be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-20-2014, 08:56 AM

Garage
I found this site with a how to and drivers for uConnect radios.

From what I know, only use the drivers for your specific radio model. The engine must be running (a battery charger could also work) when installing the update or you might brick the radio if the radio loses power through the process.

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
post #5 of 5 Old 10-20-2014, 08:15 PM

Garage
check fuse 6 I do belive that's the one ill open my fuse box and look tomarow its already 2114 here where im from and to dark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in