AUX for 6-disc player - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 10-09-2010, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

AUX for 6-disc player

Hey Guys/gals,
Its been a while since i have been on here but i was wondering if anyone has installed a "PIE CHRY04-AUX" aux converter in their compass yet? I just ordered one for $65 off amazon as a cheap solution to my ipod/sat solution because the 6-disc head units dont have any aux support. If no one has then i can post pictures and details of install and let you all know how the SQ is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-10-2010, 06:51 AM

Garage
that would be great if you posted the details thx in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(O[][][][]O)
post #3 of 3 Old 10-19-2010, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Talking

OK it took way too long to get to my mailbox but it showed up right before i left for work today so i just got home and it is install...I have to apologize for the pic's in advance i have recently been married and my photographer stole the memory card out of my good camera so these are all cell phone pics :-/ ... But on the other hand the PIE HIFI connector works great for all you compass owners out there with a 6-disc and no AUX input.

First this is a simple thing to do and gives you a lot of options. I have a 2007 compass so i can help with similar setups and is what i will be referencing.

**If you need help getting to the radio i believe i have an older post guiding through that bag of fun haha

The PIE connector simply uses the 10-pin SAT connector on the back of any CAN-BUS stereo the only down fall is if you have factory satellite it will delete that. On the flip side if you don't have SAT built in from the factory this will be an easy way to add an accessory unit that is separate from the factory stereo. Me personally i will be using pandora and such off my phone and my ipod when i feel like it which is why i went though this process.

Once you connect the 10-pin connector to the back of the stereo you have to mount the converter box somewhere, i chose tho use the horizontal beam that is right below the back side of the stereo and a few zip-ties to allow for quick and easy access if need be.
SSPX1124.jpg

Then i simply ran the RCA to 3.5mm Head phone jack cable out by the shift boot.
SSPX1130.jpg

After that i cut notches in the silver trim piece and the hidden plastic lip under the silver trim for a flush finished look.(actually used a metal hand sand file with the thin side on the plastic to basically melt my slots.)
SSPX1129.jpg
SSPX1128.jpg

And that finished the event off. Just us the MODE button to switch it over to the crystal-line and then i get to listen to my ipod!!!!
SSPX1126.jpg

****on the box there is a little dial between the white and red RCA connections which is a variable resistor to increase the Decibel output from the converter (i adjusted mine all the way so i dont have to crank my ipod up very high to have a good volume level). I suggest you adjust this dial before you mount the box into the dash! .

Overall this project cost me the $70 US for the converter and that was it since i had the tools and the zip-ties around the house! Hope this helps anyone. It has a good sound quality especially in comparison to those horrible FM transmitters.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in