How'd you wire your system? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 12-08-2010, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

How'd you wire your system?

Hey all,

New guy here. You can just call me Shifty, because I plan on posting quite a bit now that I found this little slice of heaven. I'm originally from Michigan and just moved to Texas last month. New job and new life is pushing my ambition to do what I enjoy; tinkering with my cars. It just so happens that I have a Jeep Compass... had this baby for 2 years now, bought it used (2008 Jeep Compass w/ 2.4L CVT) with 11k miles and a shot clutch. I replaced the clutch and gave this little beast a new home. I don't like introductions, but I noticed you guys always ask for one! If there's anything you want to know, just ask and I'll answer...

Anyway, I'm putting a system in my Jeep and want to know how you guys have it wired up/laid out (if you have a system). I have a Tsunami amp kit that I want to use, so there's the amp, distrib block, capacitor, 2 12" subs... I don't even know where to put all of this! How'd you guys do it?

SN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-09-2010, 12:41 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Shifty! From what ive researched there is supposed to be a spot thru the firewall behind the glovebox. i havent started on my stereo system, plan to do that around may.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(O[][][][]O)
post #3 of 5 Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Ah yeah, that little tip will be useful... I was looking for a spot under the steering column to fish my 12v feed through... couldn't find one and wasn't about to drill a hole through my firewall either. I'll poke around behind the glove box and see if there is one there.

Any idea if it's safe to mount the amp and capacitor to the box itself? I'm wary about electronics attached to that much vibration (I used to build custom computers), but I'm really not sure where else to stick them...

--- Pearl White 2008 Jeep Compass Sport 2.4L CVT ---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-09-2010, 01:14 PM

Garage
Ya it's safe to mount to the box, might gently loosen over time but that's how my sub box is from my old car 2 amps and the cap been attached for like 5 years now and no problems

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #5 of 5 Old 12-15-2010, 01:06 AM

I can confirm that there is in fact a spot to run wires behind the glovebox. There is even room to drill an additional hole if needed. I just put my stereo in a month ago. I added a couple of amps and a sub. I only wish I would have thought of or have known about the remote power under the seat in the wire harness that's there for seat warmers or something. Other than that, finding that place to run the power through the firewall without first consulting the internet was the hardest part of the install, the rest is just time consuming.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in