New Deck! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 01-09-2011, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

New Deck!

So it's winter and I am not doing any modifications to the exterior, so I figured I would start some interior work. First thing to come will be a Kenwood X994 deck that runs about 350. Hope to get that installed this Monday by a friend with hook ups! I'm getting a great deal.. basically the deck, harness, wires and all ... for 380. It's good to have friends in ... the stereo buisness :P anyway. After that, hopefully this summer, I will be looking into getting one 12 inch JL sub. I am hoping to find a good way to install it without getting in the way of the spare tire but then again it's only gonna be one 12 inch sub :P But yeah I'll post pics of the deck after the install!

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Nice system you're going with, gonna be one rockin' Compass for sure, lol. I just got an Infinity system as a gift from a friend of mine for my truck, hope to be getting that installed next weekend!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 7 Old 01-09-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

sounds awesome! You'll have to post some pics!

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Will do, probably do an install thread, but I can post pics of the components in the Christmas present thread.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #5 of 7 Old 02-16-2011, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Ok! Sorry for the long wait! Here is my little review of the Kenwood (KDC-X994) deck! I f***ing love it! It's very easy to use and is awesome if you want to hook up an ipod or any USB devise. It can change into 10 different colors, and can change just buttons or just display if you want. So you can have a green display and red buttons. And for those who don't care you can just have it on Variable Scan which will slowly rotate through all of the colors. Or you can set it up to change colors to the beat which is pretty nifty! ANYWAY! This is a super awesome deck. I absolutly think that the 400 that I spent on it was well worth it. Enjoy the pics!

P.s - Any questions at all just Private Message me! The install took about an hour and a half, and most of that time was figuring out how to take the old deck out! Peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DeckOne.JPG (74.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DeckTwo.JPG (71.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DeckThree.JPG (70.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DeckFour.JPG (70.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DeckFive.JPG (37.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by OffTheWoll; 02-17-2011 at 04:05 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Administrator

That just looks sweet, no doubt you're enjoying it! You do get out once in a while to eat though right lol?

- Cherokee

post #7 of 7 Old 02-20-2011, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Haha thanks Cherokee! Of course I get out to eat :P I just want to be able to keep a clean vehicle again! And with 10-15 inches in the next couple days it doesn't look like my Jeep will be clean for awhile :P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in