installing aftermarket stereo system - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 12-27-2015, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

installing aftermarket stereo system

this is a 2 part question. i own a 2015 compass

1. my wife bought me 2 sets of alpine 6x9's for the doors and after popping off the grilles on the door i notice the factory speakers have a square plug adapter whereas the alpines do not. can i simply cut off the adapter and splice on the standard speaker wires/connectors that came with the alpines?

2. the alpine speakers are 3-way 400 watt speakers. will this force me to buy a new head unit or will the new speakers work/sound good with the factory head unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-28-2015, 01:16 AM

I'll jump in: does not seem to be a lot of activity on this forum. I just picked up a 2015, and have yet to have any of my 3 posts responded to.

Yep; cut 'em off. But I'd watch the polarity, otherwise you may be out of phase and wonder why it sounds like [email protected] . Hopefully the Jeep speaker will be marked + and -. Your new speakers should be. Here is a great link to phasing in speakers:
What Is Speaker Phase? - Blog | Sonic Electronix

I'm assuming the speakers are 400W peak; should sound fine. But if you need more volume, or they sound "muddy", you may indeed need more power.

At any rate, more power is always better...
post #3 of 3 Old 12-29-2015, 10:08 PM

grab one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KAC-M1.../dp/B00JEC0YFQ

I installed this in my compass and it definitely brought life to the aftermarket 6x9s I have installed.. It brings more deep-lows and overall loudness. I love it.

If you purchase this, install it on the left side near the driver side, there's a space to tuck this amp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in