has any one glassed a sub rear drivers side - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 02-21-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

has any one glassed a sub rear drivers side

hi ive seen the under front seat 10"s and the custom box where the BA sub is but i have 2 12s from my old car and i was trying to find some custom installs for this jeep(11 Compass) but i cannot so i was wondering if any one has does some glassing of the rear areas behind the tire wells and also has any one modded the doors to fit 8s in i see alot of the 6.5s but considering the BA system only sends lows to the front lowers i figured that 8s would be better suited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2016, 08:31 PM

Haven't seen one but sure someone has, if anyone does make me one too my 2cu ft box takes up a lot of cargo space

What stop sign
post #3 of 6 Old 02-27-2016, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

yes I have not even attempted to put my box in there it would take the entire cargo area .... i think I am gonna pull the panels in the back and glass a single layer there to see how much volume is there at the line where the spare hatch starts but it's -10c so I will need to wait till the summer so I can actually air it out. I have seen some full door builds using 10s and supertweeters so I think there is enough area to do a 8" in the doors but I'm actually working on a trade for 4x alpine Rs for the sub box I have we will see if the guy actually buys them and brings them to me tho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-28-2016, 09:22 AM

I'm in the process of getting rid of my stereo setup and stepping down, what I have now is way too much for me, going to either install a skar audio evl-6.5 or a db drive wdx6.5, but I will be making a fiberglass box for the driver side behind the wheel well

What stop sign
post #5 of 6 Old 02-28-2016, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

didn't know db made a 6.5 but varified on the website nice looking sub for what it is. considering the jeep is open I don't know if I will do 2 12s again it really comes down to the volume I can get out of that area there but looking at it I think it would only be enough for a 10. I'm also that guy that likes to shake the car beside me lol but have main speakers that can still keep up with the amount of bass.
old car was 2x 12" RF punch subs @1000w rms
and the Rf fanatic 3 3way component set with a custom dash to get the 4inch mids in I was running the tweets from the head unit on these and then using a 4x 150rms amp to biam the 6.75 / 4" in the doors/dash ..... honestly tho I'm actually quite impressed with the BA system and only think it's lacking in the lows
post #6 of 6 Old 03-01-2016, 02:32 PM

I don't have the BA system in mine but the stock 6x9 wasn't that bad but really does need a little more lows

What stop sign

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in