Right Speaker, blown/loose wire...? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 11-04-2007, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Right Speaker, blown/loose wire...?

I have 2007 Compass sport, with the base audio system, the right front speaker sounds very distorted, going to take it in for service this coming weds, but if its a blown speaker (which I really dont see how, cause I dont put it very loud and its only 2 months old) does anybody know if its covered under warrenty?

Other than that, must say I love my Jeep.

banned by mistake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-06-2007, 05:47 PM

I can see if there is something wrong with the speaker then it would be covered. If they think it's blown cause the sterio got cranked up.. probably not. I had a cut/crimped speaker wire in my Neon when I got it and it caused a similar effect from grounding out. They re-ran the wire into the door and it was fine.

2007 Jeep Compass North Ed. Jeep Green
Manual 5 speed, 2.4L 16val 4x2
Boston Sound w Sirius Sat Radio
post #3 of 9 Old 11-06-2007, 09:08 PM

When I first got my Compass the LF speaker cut out and crackled when you turned it up. The problem just went away after a few months and hasn't returned. If I remember right it only happened when I was playing a CD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-08-2007, 02:13 PM

My front Right has been acting up for a while now too!!!

Ive been too busy to run it over to the dealer and I figured Id just wait for my next oil change which is coming up.

It sounds vibrating/buzzy with heavy base, and I thought it might be blown. But I really havent rocked out that hard. Could be wiring I guess or a defective speaker.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-09-2007, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

T0 PlutoniumX

Yep, exactly how u described ure right speaker is the same thing im getting...Still havent gone, going to try to schedule it next week...Keep me posted on ures...

banned by mistake
post #6 of 9 Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Re: Right Speaker, blown/loose wire...?

The update : About month later, they replaced the speaker (it was on back order) so to anybody wondering it is covered in the warranty. But unfortunally now my left speaker seems to be developing the problem the right one had. Once again I dont really put the radio much, 80% of the time its on 1010 wins(for any New Yorkers, you know what that is). Funny thing is on my invoice, those factory speakers are priced at 8.68 each, how good can they really be...lol. I dont think Im gonna bother to change it this time around, rather just step up to an aftermarket pair...Thanks for letting me vent...lol...Otherwise the Jeep has been great, 9 months now and about 7000 miles.

banned by mistake
post #7 of 9 Old 04-18-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylonrader
I have 2007 Compass sport, with the base audio system, the right front speaker sounds very distorted, going to take it in for service this coming weds, but if its a blown speaker (which I really dont see how, cause I dont put it very loud and its only 2 months old) does anybody know if its covered under warrenty?

Other than that, must say I love my Jeep.

WHen I bought my 07 compass I had the same problem...guess next time during the test drives I will test out the speakers. Anyways, I called the salesman and asked him about it cuz I was expecting i not to be covered by warranty as well but it turns out it was. I took it in the next day and they replaced all the speakers for me. The thing with dealerships and warranty work is they want to do it because then the manufacturer has to pay them. Guess I could have made this short and sweet with "warranty covers it" but I wanted to tell my story

Cheers!

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4x2, CVT tranny

Loving the Jeep and wishing I found it earlier!!
post #8 of 9 Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM

[quote="cylonrader"]Funny thing is on my invoice, those factory speakers are priced at 8.68 each, how good can they really be...lol. quote]

That cost between Jeep and the Jeep dealer, not the retail cost. Years ago when I was drving truck I picked up a new Kenworth for the company I was working for. Drove about 10 miles and the sterio stopped working. I turned around and went back to the dealer to let them know. They checked the fuse and wiring up to the sterio and everything was fine so they swapped it out with the same model that they had in the parts dept. The shelf price was over $400 but the warranty cost was just over $80 from Kenworth.

More than likely those $9 speakers would cost you about $40 each in the store.

2007 Jeep Compass North Ed. Jeep Green
Manual 5 speed, 2.4L 16val 4x2
Boston Sound w Sirius Sat Radio
post #9 of 9 Old 04-22-2008, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info rommel543, Today I went back to the dealership, they tell me there is a TSB for the standard audio speakers (non bos/acoustic), funny thing is I cant find the TSB online. But anyhow, there changing the remaining 3 speakers this coming thursday. So hopefully I wont have any probs there after.

banned by mistake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in