LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 03-05-2018, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Lightbulb New radio for 2010 Compass

Hi all,

Iím looking to replace the OEM radio and would like to have one with CarPlay. Is there anything I should be concerned of? Would having a new radio with touchscreen and all have an effect on the carís performance/battery. Iím new to this so any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have a suggestion on what radio can be good.

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-05-2018, 08:34 PM

Garage
have you looked at the Pioneer NEX series? check out your local auto audio place and see what models fit and what you like - if you can fit a double din the NEX7201 and 8201 are last years models and are on a nice sale at the moment - has a TON of features and those models include a rear camera so you can have that feature as well.

highly recommend them IF you can fit them

Proud owners of a new to us certified pre-owned
2017 Jeep Compass 75th Anniversary Sport
post #3 of 4 Old 03-06-2018, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes I'm looking at those options! But there's nothing I should be concerned about wiring? To the point that I would need to take it to a auto shop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-06-2018, 04:04 PM

Garage
I am definitely not a wiring guru - but I would counter with this question

Costs you nothing but a bit of time to call a few places and get quotes for the job installed by a pro - the pro should discuss with you any options from the original deck you might want to keep and what it takes to get it installed (there are several modules and adapters from my understanding when we did ours)

Compare that quote to what you think it would take you to figure out how to do it all yourself and the risk you run of making errors.

At the end of the day - the team we used charged a reasonable amount so I said DO IT! and I have not regretted that at all.

that said - a friend of mine is an electrical engineer by trade and loves doing his own installs - he upgraded his deck and added a rear camera and it only took him an entire weekend to do it =P

consider what you are upgrading - if you get either of those systems it includes a rear backup camera that would need to be mounted and adjusted. Some ports for USB1/2 (make sure to wire for both and make sure to identify USB1 as ApplePlay only works on USB1) and a aux input cable as well. Hiding the wiring and getting this all done right is well worth a fair cost imo.

Other nice features of this deck - the nav is pretty awesome and there is an upgrade microphone that can be used to adjust the speakers automatically that you might want to inquire about.

good luck on your search and I hope it goes super!

Proud owners of a new to us certified pre-owned
2017 Jeep Compass 75th Anniversary Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in