Uconnect 7" vs 8,4" - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 01-20-2019, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Uconnect 7" vs 8,4"

What are the biggest adventages of Uconnect 8.4" in comparision to 7"?

Navi on main screen + between gauges - this is what I know. Because of the larger screen, icons are bigger and little bit different too...

Are there any other dfferences? Functionality? Options?

8,4" is worth additional costs or maybe 7" is enough?

Thx
M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-20-2019, 07:44 PM

If you get the 8.4 without nav, like mine, then there are no directions between the gauges. 8.4 does not mean you have nav, or sirius XM guardian.

If you aren't going for the nav and guardian, there may be no advantage to the 8.4. Actually you might be better off, since the 8.4 is a recycled part they use in most FCA vehicles but the idiots at FCA did not spend enough time adapting the 8.4 to work properly all the time in the Compass so maybe the 7 inch is more reliable and less buggy
post #3 of 6 Old 01-20-2019, 10:43 PM

I agree with arudlang, that there is probably not much difference - nor was I aware that you could actually get the 8.4-inch without Navigation. Although my 2018 Compass has the 7-inch screen, I had a TrailHawk loaner for a few days which had the larger 8.4-inch screen. Of course, easier to read. Think the back-up camera on the 7-inch screen is fine as well. I also think the Navigation systems that come as an option on most cars are pretty lame, and not worth the money if you have Apple Car Play or Android Auto. (On my prior 2015 Compass with Navigation, it lacked the basic Google Maps or Waze feature of showing actual traffic congestion and alternate routes.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-21-2019, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

The reason I asked is very simple.... MY18 Limited specification EU has 7" by default while MY19 has full 8.4" as standard. Moreover MY19 Limited has also 18" wheels (older has 17") and tinted (black) rear windows included.

I have doubts because both MY18 and MY19 are available on stock... Let me put here a few differences , just in a few words, for example: older has cold climate package but doesn't have options which newer has - 8.4" Uconnect, tinted windows and 18" wheels.

What 's the better choice?

Thx
post #5 of 6 Old 01-23-2019, 03:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael007 View Post
The reason I asked is very simple.... MY18 Limited specification EU has 7" by default while MY19 has full 8.4" as standard. Moreover MY19 Limited has also 18" wheels (older has 17") and tinted (black) rear windows included.

I have doubts because both MY18 and MY19 are available on stock... Let me put here a few differences , just in a few words, for example: older has cold climate package but doesn't have options which newer has - 8.4" Uconnect, tinted windows and 18" wheels.

What 's the better choice?

Thx
Must be Canadian/Euro model? My MY18 Limited has 18" wheels, cold weather package, tinted windows and 8.4" U connect. All standard and no option.
On a cold morning, heated seats and heated steering wheel are nice. If you can get the '18 for a substantial discount, that's a better deal. 7" screen isn't all that small and you can always tint your windows and get bigger wheels later on.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-23-2019, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcom View Post
Must be Canadian/Euro model? My MY18 Limited has 18" wheels, cold weather package, tinted windows and 8.4" U connect. All standard and no option.
On a cold morning, heated seats and heated steering wheel are nice. If you can get the '18 for a substantial discount, that's a better deal. 7" screen isn't all that small and you can always tint your windows and get bigger wheels later on.
It is Euro specification.
MY19 has Uconnect 8,4", 18" wheels and tinted windows as standard. I know that wheels can be changed anytime... to be honest... I'm wondering only the Uconnect if we're talking about the specification. Bigger issue is that MY18 has open quarantee half year ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in