Full Screen Carplay? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 08-18-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Subscribing Member

Full Screen Carplay?

So I have a 2019 with 7" screen, when I connect my iphone, carplay displays in a box/window in the middle of the screen. You can still see the normal radio icons across the bottom, so the overall carplay real estate is a lot smaller than it could be. Is there any way to get it to fill the whole screen?

I tried plugging in an old android phone, and android auto filled the screen with a button to bring you back to the radio. Would have been nice if Carplay worked like that too.

Does it fill the screen on an 8.4 radio or is that the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-18-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necros View Post
So I have a 2019 with 7" screen, when I connect my iphone, carplay displays in a box/window in the middle of the screen. You can still see the normal radio icons across the bottom, so the overall carplay real estate is a lot smaller than it could be. Is there any way to get it to fill the whole screen?

I tried plugging in an old android phone, and android auto filled the screen with a button to bring you back to the radio. Would have been nice if Carplay worked like that too.

Does it fill the screen on an 8.4 radio or is that the same?
I think it fills the screen on 8.4
post #3 of 7 Old 08-20-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Subscribing Member

aw, that figures. Oh well. Hopefully it will change with iOS 13 that's supposed to have a big Carplay update.

Are the radios plug and play enough that I could upgrade to an 8.4 some day? I remember reading before that it wasn't that easy with my old 2015 renegade, I ended up getting an aftermarket radio with carplay for that and didn't have any issues.. but I like the newer uconnect, works good for the most part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-21-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I think it fills the screen on 8.4
it's the same on an 8.4 inch screen. doesnt bother me honestly. allows me to switch back to satellite radio or other menu items easily. i think its more of how Chrysler implemented car play than anything that apple wouldve done.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-22-2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond_Si View Post
it's the same on an 8.4 inch screen. doesnt bother me honestly. allows me to switch back to satellite radio or other menu items easily. i think its more of how Chrysler implemented car play than anything that apple wouldve done.
It is not a box within the screen though. If I am understanding the OP correctly, in their case it open in a box within the screen, similar to running a program in on a PC in windowed mode. In 8.4 it opens in full screen with menu stuff still remaining under. If you run apps like google maps for navigation, it becomes full screen even without those.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-22-2019, 12:33 AM

Garage
Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love my compass. And upgrading my 5inch uconnect to a 7 was the best thing I’ve ever done. But. The whole picture in picture style they use to emulate CarPlay drives me crazy. My brother has Hyundai with a 7 inch screen and it’s full screen. Looks so much better. I had no idea android auto went full screen though. Gives me hope that maybe it can changed in a future update.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-22-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Subscribing Member

Yeah it's basically like a window in the middle of the screen. The screen displays the current temp for the climate control in the top left and right corners of the screen, and carplay shows up between them and above the bottom icon row. I'm hoping the next iOS update will fix it, but i have a feeling it's more a radio issue than a carplay issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in