UConnect - Does it support both iPhone and Android? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 08-26-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Question UConnect - Does it support both iPhone and Android?

Hello,

First post here. I'm a new owner of a 2019 Compass Latitude 4 x 4. I have successfully connected my iPhone to UConnect and I like the interface, but I have always been partial to Android phones. The dealership specifically asked me if I had an iPhone and touted the Carplay system. At the time I did not think to ask about whether Androids were supported as well. I find references when googling regarding Android Auto, and that an app is either downloaded from the PlayStore or automatically installed on first connection, so I know some UConnects do work for them. However, I'm not finding a definitive answer. So, does UConnect automatically work with either the iPhone and Android, or are they specific to one OR the other? Before I switch back to an Android phone and screw myself, I figured I'd ask!

Thanks in advance!

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-26-2019, 05:35 PM

Yep the Uconnects in these 2nd gens support both, my wife is iPhone and I have android and we switch between them no problems!
post #3 of 4 Old 08-27-2019, 12:46 PM

Garage
When I bought my 2019 Compass the dealer told me that the Uconnect does not support Android Auto. I plugged my phone in and there it was. Works no problem. Apparently the older ones didn't which is why he was mistaken? I have used it several times and it works well.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-16-2019, 02:34 PM

Garage
my lone concern was that you had to physically plug in the phone to get it to work. i prefer a more seamless and wireless approach, so I made sure that my car had the GPS NAV built in. not sure if this helps, but may give some clarity. perhaps if the vehicle had a wireless charging pad that also allowed the connection, I may have considered that - but again, I'd prefer the NAV to come from the car rather than my phone (in case I lose my phone).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in