2011 Compass subwoofer replacement? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 11-12-2011, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

2011 Compass subwoofer replacement?

I just purchased my 2011 Compass Latitude on thursday and I already miss my MB Quart 12" sub from my previous car (2003 Saturn VUE, transmission died). I like the current sound system in there with boston acoustics, but I can't help but wonder if it's possible to stick my 12" sub where the 8" is. Anyone know what the 8" sub wattage and rms is? Gonna guess it's no where near 1000 watts peak and 500 rms >.> Otherwise, I will install my amplifier along with it. Anyone know where the current amp is located so I can just pull some wires from there? I'm really just thinking of bringing it to some car audio store and having them build a custom box over the 8" sub mold. Don't wanna lose any cargo space as it it already limited. Any help would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Well after doing some digging and lots and lots and lots of research, I finally got my new sub in. I can't take any credit for the install cause I had a local shop do it for me. Had to go out of town for business and found that to be the perfect opportunity to swap the sub out.

I have an Alpine-M500. SO with that amp I had to limit my search. I took off the panel in the Jeep and took the dimensions of the box and surrounds. I found that the JL 10W3v3-2, 500rms 1000w peak, fit my needs and size.

Took it to a local shop and told them what I wanted and they did a wonderful job. Didn't have to make a new box due to the factory box already being the size it needed. They did however have to cut the opening to fit the 10" and reinforce the box.

The amp is mounted on a piece of plywood that was cut to fit inside the spare tire. Plenty of breathing room.

Over all, I am very satisfied with the setup now. I did have to remove the seat belt assembly since it loved to rattle. The Jeep now seats 4

Here are a few pics

post #3 of 10 Old 03-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Garage
Looks good. I too took about the seat belt assembly. Terrible engineering mistake on Jeep's part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-17-2012, 04:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsnation View Post
Looks good. I too took about the seat belt assembly. Terrible engineering mistake on Jeep's part.

Great install. How's the sound though?
post #5 of 10 Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the late reply. This makes a huge difference in sound. Sounds like I have my 12" MB Quart back there. I noticed my license plate rattles when there r some deep notes if turned up high enough.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 PM

Garage
That's an easy fix. Look for the dynamat license plate. License Kit
post #7 of 10 Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 PM

for anyone interested i got ahold of the Factory Enclosure from local dealer.
PN 5064979AA $250 comes with factory sub installed. Cant get it without sub... kind of a waste. Ive found it online for $177 in some places. Its the best thing versus a custom box. Id rather have something that bolts right in versus custom fab.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 PM

How much did it cost to get this done? and better solution than installing a separate sub and amp?

Im a big BASS guy so i want my car to boom....obviously the less room it takes up, the better....but i also need that seatbelt to work lol

any suggestions?
post #9 of 10 Old 05-02-2013, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

I want to say it was around $750 for the sub, amp, labor, install, and misc parts.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-05-2013, 08:35 PM

I just bought a 2013 Compass but couldn't find one with the 9 speaker system. I bought the 430n, 4 kicker door, 2 kicker liftgate, and kicker amp separate. Then plan on getting a custom sub built for the rear. Do you think it's possible to fit a 10" back there using the same amount of space the stock one does? I'd like to not take up any of the exsisting space but get a little more bang for my buck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in