Tow Hitch Void? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 07-27-2014, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Tow Hitch Void?

Happy Sunday all,

I have a quick question and I apologize in advance if this has already been answered. This is my second post on here and I'm a proud owner of a new 2014 Compass Sport 4x4 so cut me some slack

I'm looking into getting a tow hitch installed on the vehicle. I don't have any intentions of towing anything, I would just like to be able to use my pre-existing bike rack as opposed to having to fold down the seats all the time. UHaul has a special going on for $200 which includes installation.

Do you know if this will void the warranty at all or cause a giant headache should I need to get service done in the future?

Thanks again!

Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhealy1191 View Post
Happy Sunday all,

I have a quick question and I apologize in advance if this has already been answered. This is my second post on here and I'm a proud owner of a new 2014 Compass Sport 4x4 so cut me some slack

I'm looking into getting a tow hitch installed on the vehicle. I don't have any intentions of towing anything, I would just like to be able to use my pre-existing bike rack as opposed to having to fold down the seats all the time. UHaul has a special going on for $200 which includes installation.

Do you know if this will void the warranty at all or cause a giant headache should I need to get service done in the future?

Thanks again!

Jackie
from what I have learn and what I talked to my dealer they said no it don't cause ur not changing anything mechanical on it only thing is u have to cut a small part out of the rear bumper but that's just facial nothing tin snips cant do but if u do decide to tow stuff watch out that u tow cause if u pull something to heavy and mess something up then it is void
post #3 of 5 Old 07-28-2014, 03:22 PM

It does not void warranty. Get a Class III hitch installed they're virtually the same price to the shop and will handle a higher tongue weight for the bikes!! The further you go out from the receive the more important this is. Also if some attempts to bump or rear end you. The won't be as happen with their mistake. I leave my receiver in all year round just taking it out to clean and oil it so it does not rust in with a 2" ball on it. Run into that you turkeys!!! Winter especially a must have.

CLASS III remember and no worries. CURT makes nice looking hitches so ask for it.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-31-2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks LordReddawg and tripplec. I was just a little concerned as this is the first car I've owned with a warranty and want to make sure I don't mess anything up! Lol
post #5 of 5 Old 08-01-2014, 01:21 PM

Do regular oil changes which is the biggest thing and ensures long life of the engine. I'd stay away from quick lube shops personally. I would not trust them.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in