2015 Jeep Compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 01-25-2015, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

2015 Jeep Compass

So I recently bought a compass about a week ago and have a few questions.

My first issue was the tire pressure light came on, but it went away. (I saw no issue with the PSI)

Second issue was about twice while I had all the lights on in he the jeep they would dim down for a second then regain. (Hasn't happened recently)

My big issue is two parts. I feel like the shift schedule is off track. The trans feels almost punchy. It doesn't shift smoothly it shifts pretty hard and what feels like at the wrong times.

I'll be breaking and it will not shift into a lower gear and it feels like the trans is slowing me down then is almost punches into a lower gearing.

Also when I try to go from park to reverse (only sometimes ugh) it will feel super stick and need some force to go into reverse. Other times no problem.

Also part 2. When I'm on an angel the car seems to shake and the engine is loud. Almost like when motor mounts are bad.

Anyways the deal made an apt for me on the second. Any suggestions on what to do if they say nothing is wrong or try to do a major repair on a car with less then 600 miles.

Or is all this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-25-2015, 06:04 AM

Garage
Welcome! I bought my 2014 Compass new and experienced some of your problems.

- PSI should be at 35 on all four tires. Check PSI first before driving the Compass. Also, PSI will drop on cold days.

- My headlights also randomly blink once or twice through out long drives, my interior lights also do the same. Dealer had no answer, I searched and found others with the same problem but with no solution. I suppose its normal.

- Being a new transmission, it needs to break in and learn your driving habits. The more you drive it, the better it will shift. Also, below 20 mph if you let go of the gas, the transmission will hold the gear and downshift as necessary. This is the slowing down that you feel, you can cancel this by giving the gas pedal just a little tap or by moving the shift lever to Neutral.

- This usually happens to me when im parked on a hill or if I forgot to put the handbrake first before putting it in park the day before.

- Im not sure about the shaking, mine only did it a few times at stop lights when it had a few miles.

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2015, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the reply! Made me feel better about my purchase.

My tires are at 44 psi as it states on the tire. Should I drop them all to 35?

The shifter is very random but I'm gonna try putting the parking brake first from now on.

As for the transmission. I guess I'll give it more time. It's only been about 600 miles so far.

The shaking is very random. If you turn the wheel all the way to one side the car will start to shake and rpm surge. It feels like that.

This is my first new car purchase and the dealer pulled a shady move on the warranty so I guess it has me worried lol.

Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-26-2015, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The 44 PSI you are seeing on your tire is the maximum pressure the tire can safely hold. You don't want to run your tires at that. Check your drivers door jam, the stick there should state 35psi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #5 of 5 Old 01-26-2015, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I'm gonna do that when it stops snowing. Maybe that's why it feels crazy bumpy.

I did the engine break in period. Is there anything else I should know about maintaining a new car?

Besides the basic maintenance.

I'm gonna still go to the dealer cause every now and then the car starts to vibrate pretty hard and make a loud noise (cause its vibrating).

Doesn't happen all the time but I can simulate what it feels like by turning the steering wheel all the way to one side while parked and the rpm will start to surge and the car will vibrate.

Thanks for the awesome advice so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in